Is Malaysian/Taiwanese Dual Citizenship possible?

I would like to enquire is it possible for me to hold dual citizenship? Malaysian and Taiwanese…thanks…

To get Taiwanese citizenship you’d have to give up your Malaysian citizenship first. You might be able to get it back afterward - you’re allowed to be a dual citizen as long as your Taiwanese citizenship is technically “first” - but that depends on the laws on citizenship in Malaysia.

By the way, I’d recommend changing the subject of this thread to something that actually describes the content, so people will actually read it.

Malaysia forbids dual citizenship. It is extremely difficult to gain Malaysian citizenship, more so than Taiwan. It also has a language requirement - elementary knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia.

Whether or not you can regain Malaysian citizenship after losing it is interesting. Based on some superficial investigation of this question my feeling is it’s not possible (without intervention).

They seem to be quite serious about it, too. When my wife renewed her Malaysian passport, she had to sign a statement that she had not obtained (or applied for?) US citizenship (she’s living in the US).

[quote=“lsieh”]Malaysia forbids dual citizenship. It is extremely difficult to gain Malaysian citizenship, more so than Taiwan. It also has a language requirement - elementary knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia.

Whether or not you can regain Malaysian citizenship after losing it is interesting. Based on some superficial investigation of this question my feeling is it’s not possible (without intervention).[/quote]
Say it ain’t so!!! Where’s boomer and hartzell, here’s a fresh human rights issue in an unexploited (oops, explored) territory…and it’s WORSE than Taiwan! Unbelievable, where’s the reciprocity in this world??? :fume: