Is mutually-agreed street fighting all right?

I’m always keen on a punch-up. But I’m fat and old, so you blokes have to give me a free hit, alright?

lol. this post gave me a laugh

Take up Thai boxing.
No headbutts or other dirty stuff, but its pretty close to a real fight,
but is one-on-one (which no real fight ever is).
The skills come in pretty handy for a real fight.

[quote=“anotherlaowai”]Take up Thai boxing.
No headbutts or other dirty stuff, but its pretty close to a real fight,
but is one-on-one (which no real fight ever is).
The skills come in pretty handy for a real fight.[/quote]

Look at me
I, too, can
Create a stupid haiku
On telephone

I love watching fights. i love MMA , but there is nothing like watching a street fight. Guess nobody else is into that here? I love watching it on youtube. Would love to join but I’m a girl and I headbutted someone once and passed out. Hahahah.
[youTubeBB3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHiXTPZVEqs&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dstreet%2Bfight%26oq%3Dstreet%2Bfight%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3…0l10.604.2194.0.7494.12.8.0.4.4.0.89.481.8.8.0…0.0…1ac.1.rpzH0Ui6zEk&ytsession=Bob5u11RhfcJaBMk1pUsLHqsvXjy6rWizQMXkEEkZ7HX8F9s6TnWmKGkozFb3WlGiZeYXri3Mkq31jAFjuadFBMm-lqQHOOeTyfCpjhW17nOHKDeRcPwWUEE8CNuxtccfi5U8ky7LcCWT-7zq8gxdaNtBvJ3Rl9-TgM3-w9EjxNeWBetoAOtILiDlRsT59O-g5DGysvCUZvgASwSgQHl2lc5qRbMmIWgWX4m9QxB3ZWDK0n–WHPKHfxLILFQDb3SSZeP3Q9jvkjmaLBe8xzt6hoykutbHEBjB8zPtHPzdQ&has_verified=1][/youTubeBB3]

I never understood the concept of the fight club. It sounds like the OP has experience, so he should know well that fighting in real life is not like on TV, it often ends up with more than a black eye or bloody nose. You could receive permanent damage: You could be blinded in one or both eyes, partially or fully. You could lose one or more teeth, for good. You could have your nose broken and require multiple surgeries. Your jaw could be injured so badly it has to be wired shut. You could get a concussion, or suffer lasting brain damage. You could be paralyzed. You could suffer injuries to your internal organs. Bones across your skull, face, spine, and chest could be damaged. If the fight becomes more than a boxing match, which it almost always does, your testicles could be ruptured, or your knees could be damaged. You could suffer all manner of physical and neurological damage. You could be killed. Even in professional boxing, with boxing gloves, mouth guards, and groin protectors, these things are all possible and many (or all) have happened.

So, I don’t “get it”. Maybe the OP or Battery9 or someone else can explain it to me.

I think kids getting ripped from their beds early to do gymnastics are much worse. The way their legs are stretched, the way they hit their heads on the beams…it is odd how some things count as a sport and others are ‘brutal’.
I could never hit someone myself because I’m really really skinny and scared! But there is something in my spine that just adjusts itself in certain situations. No idea to explain it. As a teacher I sure as hell won’t fight because the kids get upset if i go to work with a dog bite!

OP have you ever watched Felony fights?

I thought brain damage was a prerequisite. Either that or an incredibly small penis. :smiley:

I spent close to ten years working with victims of head injury, not a single one came in to our clinic due to gymnastics injuries.

On the other hand we had several who came in after physical assaults and mutual combats.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, easy to be a jerk while sitting behind your computer.

of course there will be more injuries from fights. I meant that it is odd that one way of getting hurt is seen as a sport, the other not. Hours and hours these kids miss of their lives so mommy and daddy can say they have an Olympian.

I’m pretty sure both are seen as sports. Boxing, MMA, etc.

I think it would be hard too argue that fighting isn’t inherently more brutal than gymnastics, after all the entire purpose is to inflict physical damage on another person in an attempt to force submission.

I’m not making a judgment, the OP didn’t ask my opinion and I doubt he cares. I’m just noting that it seems a bit disingenuous to equate fighting with gymnastics in terms of brutality.

Battery9,

I certainly didn’t mean to sound like a jerk. If I did, I sincerely apologize. I just don’t understand the purpose or value to lives of those who participate in fight clubs. The risks are much higher in mutual combat than other sports, though I certainly don’t deny that many popular sports (like American Football) carry significant risk. Two of my friends were seriously injured while playing high school football, one with a broken back (he recovered, thankfully, but many others aren’t so lucky).

But “fight club” means tearing at each other with bare fists, as if they were fighting for their lives. I would go as far to say that injury isn’t a risk of the sport, it’s the goal of the sport. You “win” if you injury your opponent more than he injures you. I’d say it’s a good chance that permanent injuries are common. Or at least aren’t uncommon. So, again, why? Is it like in the movie, where men are so angry and frustrated with their ordinary lives that they want to experience something intense? I wonder if bashing another man’s face is really panacea for an unhappy person.

For what it’s worth, I practiced TaeKwonDo until I reached first degree black belt. I loved sparring, I loved competing. Hell, in high school I even joined a group of fellow martial artists who got together every Friday night to spar. But, we used protective gear and never fought full contact. We were there to have fun, not break each other’s skulls. I had a great time and miss it. Engaging in full on mutual combat for entertainment seems totally crazy, to me. I have yet to hear an explanation of its purpose.

Nope, I mean CFimages. Saying you need a small penis and brain damage to like this stuff.

The only way I can see bare knuckle fighting making any sense for the participants is if any damage their faces are sure to suffer is actually likely to improve the aesthetic qualities of their profiles. I’m just too damn pretty to be a fighter.

It was to take part in it I was talking about. Not liking it.

While I personally think the organized stuff is brutal and should be banned, at least there is some measure of rules and attempt at safety. Bare knuckles street fighting on the other hand has no redeeming factors that I can see.

To be fair, many activities people partake in have no redeeming value in other peoples eyes.

Visual arts bore me to tears, if another photo was never created my life would be no poorer.

Even though I consider photography a waste of time, energy and money which could be spent producing something I value, I wouldn’t want to deny someone else the thing which brings them joy.

I certainly wouldn’t insult them for doing something I consider wasteful and useless, since I respect the fact that it’s really none of my business if that’s how they choose to spend their time.

:slight_smile: people are different yeah.

[quote=“skoster”]To be fair, many activities people partake in have no redeeming value in other peoples eyes.

Visual arts bore me to tears, if another photo was never created my life would be no poorer.

Even though I consider photography a waste of time, energy and money which could be spent producing something I value, I wouldn’t want to deny someone else the thing which brings them joy.

I certainly wouldn’t insult them for doing something I consider wasteful and useless, since I respect the fact that it’s really none of my business if that’s how they choose to spend their time.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

But visual arts or any other activity you can think of, doesn’t have violence as its only purpose. There’s no point to fighting other than to beat someone up. We don’t allow it with dogs or chickens, there’s no reason to allow it with humans.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2