Is quarantine now 14 + 7 days?

I actually don’t know, the business takes care of it. I know it’s a 5 star hotel but I haven’t checked rates I just filled out a request form

1 Like

I’m on day 9, and I’ve had 3 visits. 1 was “by appointment”, 1 was a result of my phone switching off (flat battery), and the other was a surprise. But yeah, if they knock on the door and you don’t answer, there’s potential for some hassle.

For sure. But you can also ask them. If you stay on the property line, its no different from staying in your apartment.

Interesting. Where did you come from? Where are you staying? In Taipei? What times did they come by?

I came from Europe, and I’m staying in Hsinchu.
Good question about the times. All my interaction - visits / phone calls / SMS / app surveys - has been between 08:30 and 18:00. The only exception to this was when my phone turned off in the evening and the police visited at about 23:30.
The SMS are predictable - one per day at 10am, and the app surveys are scheduled - after completing one survey, you get the time of the next one. I’m sure I’ve missed a few of the surveys, with no consequence.

A 5 star hotel with a balcony? Which one is it?

Mandarin Oriental

Actually no. I am about to complete my quarantine in a studio apartment that I rented long-term through a friend. Since there is nobody manning the entrance door downstairs, I asked the police officer in charge of me whether it was ok to bring the garbage downstairs and leave it at the entrance to be collected at the agreed times. She was like NO WAY. Apparently, the space that we have to stay within is that of the flat and not that of the building where the flat is. She mentioned that someone who is under her care as well was fined the day before because a neighbour reported him/her exiting the flat at night just to take a walk up and down the corridor.

Big difference.

This is a common area. You have the risk of interacting with people.

If you have a backyard/front yard it’s your property. Others shouldn’t be there. So you are free to roam around.

To be honest just use your discretion. Going to the roof for a half hour is fine. Staying locked up in your flat for 14 days is terrible for your mental health.

Tell me about it, man. Day 13 and I am basically counting the hours to freedom.

My girlfriend’s company brought in their G.M from Singapore recently.

But being as local as they are they didn’t realize that for Singaporeans it can be a 5-day quarantine provided you do Covid tests on both sides and keep off the MRT. Worse, they interpreted it as a 14+7=21 day quarantine. I tried to tell them that this wasn’t the case, and showed them press releases from the CECC, but being Taiwanese they didn’t listen and preferred to adhere to the ‘old wives tale’ someone shared.

I’m new to Taiwan, halfway through my quarantine. I’m reading about the self-health monitoring week that follows quarantine, and the CDC guidance says you can go about your life normally, but to avoid going out “as much as possible”, avoid public transit as much as possible etc. But you’re allowed… I think they track your location via your mobile pings, at least during quarantine itself. I want to get out and see the city, hike (thus, take transit), etc, so would it be an issue?

I’ve been vaccinated so after quarantine I’m sure I’m safe, so whatever is allowed I’d like to do, but I don’t want to push it too much

It does sound like, from the posts above, the 7-day period isn’t really regulated, but since the last post was in Nov I figured I’d bump this

1 Like