Is quarantine now 14 + 7 days?

That point (number 4) is part of the requirements for applying for a reduced quarantine period as a short-term business traveller only. It’s not applicable to other types of travelers, and you have to meet the other 3 requirements as well.

…business travelers who wish to make short visits to Taiwan can apply for shortened home quarantine period starting from June 22 if such travelers meet all the conditions listed below:

It’s still 14 days.

:whistle:

Good strategy. Have been perusing 591 to keep a running list of potential rentals post quarantine-bnb, but would much prefer to rent 6mo at a time.

Have the ‘significant savings’ you’ve found been discussed in the private convos or just by playing with the dates in the booking calculator?

If someone flies in are they held at a government quarantine facility for 14 days?

Perhaps there are hotels that take them in (and the person pays for the hotel themselves) but how is it enforced in that case?

If they come from a high-risk country, yes. Currently, that’s the Philippines and I believe India.

Otherwise, you have the option to stay at a quarantine hotel or at your own place.

Before you depart for Taiwan you fill out a form specifying what you intend to do and will give the details of the quarantine hotel you booked, or, alternatively the address you intend to stay at.

Taipei has banned Airbnb as an option for quarantine, however there are plenty of other cities in Taiwan which is allowed.

The cops will call you within 24 hours of your arrival, then on day 5, then day 14. You’ll receive an SMS message in the morning where you designate your health status.

The only rule is don’t go outside! If you really need some fresh air make sure you have a unit that has easy roof top access or a nice patio.

So at the hotel if you need something one of the staff members has to go get it for you?

I guess it depends on what it is you “need”. If you need insulin or a tourniquet, I’d imagine yes. If you need pizza, I’d expect the staff members to tell you to sod off and wait for the rest of the 14 days.

1 Like

Hence Uber Eats

1 Like

Of course in Thailand, which to be honest seems to do many things better than Taiwan, once you have completed two Covid tests (so on day 6/7) you can roam around the hotel and use the facilities at designated times.

if you quarantine at home, do they send you food everyday? if you live in an apartment, and need to walk down to manually open the front door, how does that work too? can you do that? or are you SOL?

We live in an apartment on 12th floor and did all our shopping online from Carrefour they delivered right up to our door. Same if we ordered a ready meal through Uber eats or food panda.
The trash was collected from outside our door by the building cleaner.

No.
That doesn’t work.
No.
You’re not SOL. Use Uber Eats or Food Panda and ask them to meet you at your door.

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

That’s special quarantine trash, needs special quarantine bags and special quarantine disposal!

You are right, all arranged by the township office, so what happened to it after it was probably double-bagged and spirited away from outside my door, I have no idea as I was forbidden to cross the threshold.

What if the place is on private land, such as a farm? I’ve been using Airbnb to look for places in the countryside with private land so, if I have to quarantine, I can at least go outside and get some fresh air and exercise. Would that be legally permitted?

As someone who is due to arrive by the end of the month the rules are;

1.Arrive and log into quarantine system
2. Go to hotel in special taxi
3. Stay in hotel until the govt call you and say you can see the outdoors
4. Pray during the 2 week period your place of work is understanding and won’t load you with stuff requiring 12 hour days
5. Laugh at number 4 and know that they will

At the hotel I’ve made special requests such as, comfortable chair and desk setup, large tv, 3 meals, rose oil diffusers (don’t ask me why they just really help with anxiety).

They will take my trash outside my room but will not change my bedding or laundry so will provide me with enough to last two weeks.

I would advise a balcony with your hotel room and if the budget allows, go for a suite.

On a side note, I’m so excited to arrive. I’ve been working from a room with minimal contact with people for so many months now.

:grimacing: So ready to leave the U.K.

1 Like

Don’t see why not, so long as you don’t come into contact with anyone.

Just out of interest: How much are they charging you per night that they are willing to consider special requests?

That’s what I would think, but I’d be worried that if the police came knocking and saw that I wasn’t in, they might not accept it.