Is slime popular in Taiwan?

I am planning to visit Taipei next week and my children are all about “slime”
I am wondering if there is anywhere I could get some slime for my children or I could order them online to my hotel address.
It does not matter if it is made from factories or homemade.

I tried to google slime shops or places that sell slimes in Taipei but I cannot get any good results. Also on Instagram, there is nothing…

Can anyone help me please?

Could you enlighten anyone over 30 with a clue on “slime” ? Taiwan tends to process slime into oil for cooking , but I guess you refer to another version?

(Don’t talk about oyster omelets … don’t talk about oyster omelets …)

4 Likes

Don’s get arrested at the airport.
This could easily violate some law, I don’t know which, but I think it should.
I have seen one of my kids playing around with it.
Green and slimy sticking to the walls.
You should be able to get it here.
Or, you buy everyone some bubble tea instead.

Is this what you mean?

I’m at my cram school now. I asked someone here whether Taiwan has this. They said yes, so I asked them if it’s dangerous, and they said that it is a little bit dangerous, and that small children shouldn’t play with it. I also asked them whether it’s illegal, and they said it’s not illegal, but they added that it’s for bigger kids.

If this refers to my post. I was joking!

Well, I was partially influenced by your post, but I also had my own apprehensions about giving bad information that could cause harm.

My 6 year olds first grade class is making slime for Halloween. I posted the recipe they are using here, and will let you know how it goes (if I can find the proper glue)

Absent the all-important Elmer’s Glurle, here is a slime recipe that we figured out using the white and clear glues shown above

1 portion of white glue.
2 portions of clear glue.

Mixed with half of the total amount of water and color.

Add two drops of liquid cream soap and two drops of oil. Mix well.

Add a few tablespoons of baking soda liquid. Mix well.

Finally, add borax liquid (硼砂) little by little. Mix until it forms the proper texture of slime. Must keep final product in a sealed container

(Not happy about the amount of borax that is needed)

Another family has shared with us another slime recipe and what we like about this is that it does not (directly) use borax

Ingredients:

• Clear glue (make sure NOT to buy styrofoam glue or it won’t work)
  • Bowls
  • containers with lids (slime won’t leak out of the container)
  • Spoons
  • Baking soda
  • Any contact lenses solution that contains boric acid or sodium borate, it won’t work if there is no boric acid or sodium borate (available at some 7-11 and pharmacies)
  • Glitter is optional
  • Food coloring (optional)
  • A partner
  • Baby oil (not baby oil gel)
  • Aprons (optional)
    Warnings:
    Slime sticks to carpets and fabrics, work on clean smooth surface. Roll up your sleeves, tie your hair and BE CAREFUL!

Steps:

1. Roll up your sleeves, And put on aprons if you have them!
  2. Slowly pour the clear glue into bowl and mix with spoon for five seconds
  3. If you have food coloring, add one drop in first and mix. If it doesn’t get to the color you want, slowly add more in . Make sure you mix properly.
  4. Add in glitters if you have them and mix properly.
  5. Slowly add just a few pinches of baking soda. DO NOT pour loads of baking soda and mix throughly. It won’t start to become slime at this stage, so don’t fret!
  6. Add some contact lenses solution in SLOWLY and mix. Keep adding until it starts to pull off the bowl. You may also add a few more pinches of baking soda in if after mixing for around 3 minutes.
  7. Keep adding more baking soda and contact lenses solution in the “almost slime” until it is just a little sticky.
  8. When it’s just a little sticky, go to the sink and wash your hands with very cold water and DRY properly. This step is very important so don’t skip it!
  9. Your DRY and COLD hands should start kneading the slime and also have a partner beside you to help you add a little more contact lenses solution if the slime is too sticky.
  10. Your partner should also add just a few drops of baby oil if it’s still sticky!
  11. When your slime is no longer sticky, it is slime!
  12. Store slime in a container with lid and close it properly to prevent from drying.

This link explains why we prefer to avoid borax (硼砂) if possible

Hi there is not much of place you can play slime in door in Taipei. here is one FB: https://www.facebook.com/wowslime.tw/

and google map: https://g.page/WoWSlime?share