Is Taiwan as Hot and Humid as Thailand?

I looked at the map before moving to Taiwan… it is situated quite a distance away from the equator… certainly further away from the equator than Thailand…

yet summer comes along… and now I get some flashbacks of holidays in Thailand…

it is not just the heat… it is the humidity as well… both factors combined make for stifling living…

NO, uh YES, uh NO. Depends on what month it is. Summer months it is as hot but in winter its NOT. But taipei winters get OLD really fast. YOU will find out (unless u move to the south of taiwan).

Thailand is hotter and more humid, but Taiwan’s summers are pretty close. I think it is the worst in a big city like Taipei - at least if you are on the beach you get a sea breeze and fresh(er) air.

Stop f***ing telling people to move south! :fume: There’s no work here and it’s much hotter and waaaaaaaaaaaay more humid. If you can’t stand the cool weather in Taipei, don’t even think of coming south.

Ok, now that I have that off my shoulders…

Not really sure. But the south sure gives it a run for it’s money. Some days it may even be more hot and humid. :idunno:

This was my experience, too.

I think Thailand is hotter and more humid too. And there are more air-conditioned places in Taiwan to escape from the heat here, which makes it more bearable. Hot season in Thailand (over 40 every day) is miserable–it doesn’t get that hot here, although the humidity is a killer. I remember running our a/c in Thailand on high all day during hot season and still not being able to get the temp. below about 30. Ugh.

The east is definitely as humid, if not more. Not quite as hot, though.

Bangkok’s heat is insane.Taipei can get extremely hot around July/August time. Other than that, its bearable.

I was in Bangkok last August and found the weather quite bearable. Then I returned to Taipei and was sweltering. Maybe that was an anomaly.

I remember going to Thailand for the first time in 2003 to get a new study visa for Taiwan. It was July - damn hot in Taichung and just as hot in Bangkok.

When I got back to Taichung I got on my scooter to head somewhere and remember not being able to see more than 300 metres down Chunggong Lu because of all the sweaty 2 stroke smog. I think I cried into my pillow that night.

Thailand is hotter between November and June; July-October, it’s pretty much the same.

[color=#FF0000]Is Taiwan as hot and humid as Thailand?[/color]

It f*cking is today!

[quote=“bismarck”][color=#FF0000]Is Taiwan as hot and humid as Thailand?[/color]

It f*cking is today![/quote]

Tell me about it.

I took a 5 min walk to the local carrefour at midnight. When I returned home, I was drenched in sweat.

One can imagine how much worse it is in the day.

[quote=“crystaleye”][quote=“bismarck”][color=#FF0000]Is Taiwan as hot and humid as Thailand?[/color]

It f*cking is today![/quote]

Tell me about it.

I took a 5 min walk to the local carrefour at midnight. When I returned home, I was drenched in sweat.

One can imagine how much worse it is in the day.[/quote]
Get a scooter. :2cents:

I find Taiwan is more humid than Thailand; people will find the heat in Bangkok unbearable because the pollution, skyscrapers etc trap the heat in… im living in the Taiwanese countryside with no a/c and its killer…

Never been in Thailand but if its worse than here right now then nobody could possibly be alive there… well, maybe those finnish 150 °C sauna world champs but they dont count.