Is TECO Los Angeles really backlogged with stuff?

I sent a transcript and diploma to be authenticated. It arrived there 21 Nov and still nothing back. It’s been three weeks. Their website claims it only takes three business days. I heard they got backlogged because their office was closed as a result of Corona restrictions so is this normal?

It may be stuck in the mail. I’m waiting on a document that was processed by TECRO in a few days but has been sitting in Taoyuan for a couple weeks.

Call up and ask if they received it.

3 Likes

I had it mailed from the US with tracking so I know it arrived on 21 Nov. I also included a return USPS priority mail stamp and so far the tracking on that shows it hasn’t been deposited with the post office

When I tried calling it’s impossible to talk to a human. When I email they just send back a form response saying they are backlogged. I wish they would update their website to say how long it takes for doc processing now

This is true for almost every government office or large corporations in the US. It’s impossible to talk to any human.

2 Likes

They had an announcement a while ago that some US TECO’s would be closed or have limited office hours and staff works from home.

1 Like

Yes, but I wish TECO LA would at least mention on their website how long it takes now to process because they still say 3 business days which I think was what it was before Covid too. And I also had to get some stuff done from TECRO DC and they’ve been pretty quick returning stuff within a week or so I don’t know why LA is so much more backlogged

It has been this way at LATECO since June at least. Passport verification took 4 weeks and birth certificate authentication took 6 weeks.

1 Like

Did any of y’all mail to TECO LAX with tracking and the package delivered said 90005 as the zipcode…? The Post Office said they have two zipcodes 90005 and 90010, I’m just anxious my documents got mis-delivered.

Shouldn’t be a problem, I know several people who applied and same thing happened to them. They got confirmation from TECO it was delivered.

Appreciate it!

How long did this end up taking for you? I had the same situation the past couple of months; it’s impossible to talk to a human still and all the emails seem automatically generated.