Is the same standard applied to all posters?

Wingmen make more money in Korea.

You’re not fooling anyone with that PC-talk. We all know you favor Harry.

Moderators all treat me differently. When I wear red, I get treated better by all of them though.

What happens when you see red bob? :wink:

What happens when you see red bob? :wink:[/quote]I hate it when someone asks me a question to which they already know the answer. YOU KNOW I had to dress in red for three “days” in a row. :raspberry: :wink:

bobepine

What happens when you see red bob? :wink:[/quote]I hate it when someone asks me a question to which they already know the answer. YOU KNOW I had to dress in red for three “days” in a row. :raspberry: :wink:

bobepine[/quote]

And it was good for all involved.

Great fashion sense. :wink:

For heaven’s sake, it’s almost impossible to get three or more people to score anything the same way (ask anyone who has to make up some sort of test that isn’t multiple-choice and then be able to claim that it’s a “standardized” test) – how can you expect a bunch of unpaid people living thousands of miles apart in some cases to apply precisely the same standard in precisely the same way to fora of completely different natures?

In the “real world” you would have to train a team for weeks to even hope they would score subjective samples the same way – and that’s what moderating on Forumosa is, scoring subjective samples. Think about the last English contest you had to judge. :smiley:

[quote=“ironlady”]For heaven’s sake, it’s almost impossible to get three or more people to score anything the same way (ask anyone who has to make up some sort of test that isn’t multiple-choice and then be able to claim that it’s a “standardized” test) – how can you expect a bunch of unpaid people living thousands of miles apart in some cases to apply precisely the same standard in precisely the same way to fora of completely different natures?

In the “real world” you would have to train a team for weeks to even hope they would score subjective samples the same way – and that’s what moderating on Forumosa is, scoring subjective samples. Think about the last English contest you had to judge. :smiley:[/quote]

In other words, what difference does it make. Who cares. These aren’t questions.

I’ve had moderator PM me and I’ve apologized. I don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill. When a moderator’s gotten a little too “You’re very naughty and the next time your banned”, I just don’t respond. “You’re getting close to…” is ok. “I’m going to suggest that you…” Well, that’s a little harsh. But they’re just words typed into a screen. Big deal.

I think Korean’s are pedophiles. There’s all these movies with high school girls having secrets relationships with high school teachers.

Oops. Sorry. I’m watching TV while typing.

I’m not saying “what difference does it make”, I’m saying “try to be a little bit realistic about what you’re going to get from a Web site you don’t pay for and at which the moderators don’t get paid either.” You’ve heard the old adage “you get what you pay for” – I think everyone gets very good value out of Forumosa considering that it is free to all. But at the end of the day, it’s a Web site, for heaven’s sake. If people have so much energy to rail about issues of fairness, why not apply it to problems that affect life and death of real people in the real world? There are plenty of causes that could use a hand.

In an ideal world there would be 3 moderating teams clocking on to 24 hour shifts and a pep talk at the start of each shift on the standards and any little problems that had come up in the last 2 shifts before you came on.

This would be backed up with seminars from outside experts and management meetings each week.

But…in the real world we are talking about a group of volunteers and a site financed by donations. We are lucky it is here at all.

Threads like this are imo a great to help nudge the site along in the best direction.

Back to Jbaroh for a second. This poster identified himself as a penis looking to find as many vagina’s as possible.

If he had started as a person first and established an identity that was dealing with how to live and survive in Taiwan then happened to brush over into how he is mainly a life support system for his favorite organ then we’d maybe have given him more of a chance.

If he chooses to return maybe he could identify some other area’s of interest to round out his identity.

But…in the real world we are talking about a group of volunteers and a site financed by donations. We are lucky it is here at all.

Threads like this are imo a great to help nudge the site along in the best direction.[/quote]
It’s good, every once in a while, to remind ourselves of the nature of the webiste, how it exists and why it can’t be perfect. We users forget about it sometimes. We sometimes get too demanding :wink:

It’s equally important to, once in a while, point out things that could be better with the site. No need to get all defensive about it, Ironlady :wink:

:laughing:

Excellent point. Good advice to budding penises.

Threads like this are imo a great to help nudge the site along in the best direction.[/quote]
It’s good, every once in a while, to remind ourselves of the nature of the webiste, how it exists and why it can’t be perfect. We users forget about it sometimes. We sometimes get too demanding :wink:

It’s equally important to, once in a while, point out things that could be better with the site. No need to get all defensive about it, Ironlady :wink:

:laughing:

Excellent point. Good advice to budding penises.[/quote]

Now that sounds painful…

Ironlady, would you rather we all just be sheep and go wherever you shepherds tell us to go? No one has gotten insulting in this thread. As far as I can tell, it lies firmly in the realm of constructive criticism. Yet here you are again with your Forumosa, love it or leave it mentality. I know you are made of iron, but you can lighten up a little, nu?

In my opinion, all complaints about moderators or the way Forumosa is run should be answered with the following sentence and not one word more:

You newbies just don’t understand Forumosan culture.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Do you want all the mods to be sheep and just go where you posters tell us to? Or is it not kosher to voice any opinion that is not 100% congruent with someone’s complaint?

It cuts both ways, you know. What was “not light enough” about what I said? Just stating facts. If they don’t happen to support your argument, then I need to “lighten up”?

Sheesh. My point was not to claim moderation is perfect on Forumosa or to reject any suggestions, but to point out the nature of the site and urge people to keep that in mind when deciding how the moderation should be done/should have been done etc. etc. etc.

I propose that Frot Smitch and I be sole moderators of this forum to ensure balance and humour.

We will both place lit incense sticks and oranges at Maoman’s feet each day.

BroonAltar

I apologize for being called from beyond the grave but…

Pity the dumb wench that accepts…

The name is Frederick P. Smith V to you…

Well I can provide the balance so I guess that leaves the humour or tumour to you.

Or we could light the oranges and place the incense sticks…

Fred Yemeni

[quote=“BroonAle”]We will both place lit incense sticks and oranges at Maoman’s feet each day.

BroonAltar[/quote]
Kinky! :howyoudoin:

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“BroonAle”]We will both place lit incense sticks and oranges at Maoman’s feet each day.

BroonAltar[/quote]
Kinky! :howyoudoin:[/quote]

Not kinky, but they don’t have the guts to tell you about the odor. :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Fred.