Is there a crackdown going on?

[quote=“ML McLean”][quote=“LagerLout”]ML McLean

Thanks for all the useful info!

What would likely happen to a foreign teacher rounded up in a buxiban raid if they had an ARC based on marriage, but no other work documentation (eg. written employment contract, work permit)? Would they be fined? Deported?

Also, I’m still confused about this whole JFRV/ open work permit issue. :blush:
Should I have some other forms of documentation/cards, other than my ARC?

Cheers[/quote]

This is uncharted territories AFAIK.

However, the FAP knows that workers with marriaged-based ARC to ROC Nationals enjoy work without restrictions. If you called any NPA FAP office and asked them, "Can I, as a spouse of a ROC National, work anywhere? They would all answer, “yes, you can because the Employment Services Act, Article 48 says so.” That means you can be anywhere you want to be and do whatever it is you want without having to show any paperwork other than your ARC.

If you really want to be sure, I’d double check with the folks at the CLA. Call them for an appointment and ask them point blank about your case. Say to them because you’ve heard that the NPA FAP have been cracking down on foreign teachers in English Schools, would you be in danger? See how they respond to you. Then get that person’s name and number if you ever need a “get out of jail free card”.[/quote]

My boss called the CLA last Tuesday, and they assured her that an employee with a marriage based ARV (JFRV OWP) has unrestricted working rights in her buxiban. My boss was very thorough in her questions as she wanted to know and told the CLA that the place of employment was a buxiban.