Is there a littlebit 'Hitler' growing on his face

We all know that Mugabe isn’t the best ruler in the world … but isn’t there a littlebit ‘Hitler’ growing on his face?

Maybe he gets his inspiration from that … :smiley:

Quite logical I’d say.

I seem to remember this charming example of humanity referring to himself as “the black Hitler” at some point.

It’s actually brain pulp leaking out through his nose.

Two words from me to Mr. Mugabe: Xenophobic bastard.

Why hasn’t someone simply taken him out? Seriously?

Ask the ANC about that…heh heh heh

ICC?

or CIA?

south africa used to have both the means and the motive, but now i’m not so sure they’d approve.

such a nice country, so much potential, and it’s all been squandered by this petty emperor. unfortunately that has been africa’s post-colonial legacy.

Has anybody on this forum ever been to Zimbabwe?

I was lucky enough to spent two weeks there about 10 years ago; well before Mugabe lost all common sense. What a place it was! Friendly, well-spoken, hospitable people and the best beer I’ve ever had --> it was called “Zambezi”, after the river.

[quote=“Anubis”]Has anybody on this forum ever been to Zimbabwe?

[/quote]

I’ve never been there but an old friend of mine has … he shipped his landrover over there and spent six months driving through the country … when he got back home he started planning emigrating to Zimbabwe, he loved the country and it’s people … but that was before Mugabe’s turn on the white farmers and his land reform.

I’ve heard its God’s country…some of the most beautiful in the world

As is Burundi, Uganda, Rwanda and many other Central and South African countries … without their tirannic and crazy rulers …

i went a couple of times in the 1970s and was there again for a month in 1995: much had changed then, but it was still a thriving economy with very productive farms, rightly known as the bread basket of southern africa.

and then the farms began to be repossessed by so-called ‘war veterans’, most of whom were probably too young to have been involved at all… and that’s when the shit happened for neighbouring countries like malawi, with much of the locally grown produce missing. and the zim economy suffered greatly too, with the cash crops of tobacco and sisal and other things like vegetables and flowers disappearing from the economy, but plenty of once-orderly large farms turned into half acre fallow fields…

rhodes-matopos was once beautiful and full of wildlife, i am not sure how much survived the later predations usch as machine gunning of game for food by the zim ‘army’

victoria falls has lost all its tourists to zambia across the border, a huge blow to the economy too. kariba dam has no tourism on the northern (zim ) side anymore either, and people no longer use the place as a transit into botswana. collapse and isolation seems to be the mugabe legacy.

He really doesn’t care … his pockets and bank coffers are filled …

I went in 1999. Beautiful and relatively prosperous at the time, though some local whites spoke darkly of Mugabe’s plans. I didn’t know what they meant back then. Now we all do.

Are there any white people left? What and how are they doing?

not many left AAIK. many tried everything they could to stay on, seling their possessions slowly in markets, etc, waiting for a court appeal on their land, etc, which turned out well for about ten farms so far. the rest are still dispossessed. many moved to south west africa, botswana or zambia hoping to set up farms there. but they found competition tight as many south africans had beaten them to it… cousins of mine managed a farm in southern zambia for the last ten years, but have settled in perth now. of the few white farmers who had land returned after the coutest overturned illegal reclamation orders, i don’t know of any who have returned their properties to full productivity, let alone made a profit. the infrastructure is too weak now, so there is no grain storage, no markets, no agrochemical supply, no surety of tenure, no competent workforce (as the original labourers had often been driven off to so-called tribal ancestral lands somewhere else in the country, or refused to rturn for fear of more violence.) it was not only the white farmers who were targeted, but in many cases all their workers, who may have been on that farm for generations… it was good work, and secure.

the irony is that many of these families had been in rhodesia, now zimbabwe, for 200-300 years in some cases, and were perhaps there for longer than some of the so-called ‘local tribes’ that mugabe reclaimed the land for.