Is there a Turkish or Middleeastern restaurant in Kaohsiung?

Hello habibi,

Just read there was a Greek restaurant in Kaohsiung in another thread. Just wanted to see if there was a Turkish or middle Eastern restaurant in Kaohsiung or elsewhere in Taiwan? I’ve always loved Turkish cuisine.

Not that I know of, but Tainan has one within walking distance or cheap cab ride from the train station. You can find the address in the usual English language magazines. It is quite good.

There are several in Tainan, actually.

There is the Greek restaurant on Gongyuan Road - the same people just opened an Indian restaurant directly across the street a couple of months ago. It’s close to the corner of Mintzu, near the FE21 department store.

There are two Turkish restaurants, a fancy one and a take-out. The fancy one is on Dongfeng Road, across from ChengKung University Hospital. The takeout is close to the train station - go down Beimen until you hit Mintzu, then go under the bridge to your left, and walk straight for a couple of blocks. Both places are excellent.

You can also get Pakistani wraps (chicken or beef) at the night markets in Tainan, if you can find the stall where the Pakistani guys run it. Usually there at the Linsen night market.

There’s also a recently opened Egyptian restaurant on Changrong Road, across from the Eslite music/bookstore department store.

Of course you are in Cowtown, but Tainan is less than an hour’s drive away.

Thanks all for your replies.
It works out perfectly. I’m planning to head to Tainan this week. I’ll be looking for them.

Which restaurants did you try? What did you think of them?

Sorry for such a late reply.
I went to Tainan and went to the takeaway one close to the train station. The place is up for rent and is almost completely gutted out :-(. I didn’t get a chance to go to the other one. I’ll check it out next I’m up there.

Hi Folks,

Those know don’t know are missing out. Go to Wufu rd and …near Ren-ai st and look for Ali’s Kitchen. Good quality food. Nice atmosphere.

I know this is boonie talk here, but the OP did ask about “Taiwan” also, so [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/sababa-pita-bar/31720/1 should get a mention. So this is it. Click the link. They serve lovely mideastern food in a nice setting.

I pass a place called “Islamic Food” and bills itself as Pakistani. It’s probably between Fongshan and Kaohsiung.

2 good Turkish places in the NCKU area of Tainan. One has been around for a few years and is a Turkish bakery as well as a good restaurant. And a new one that just opened up about 2 months ago.

The place I mentioned may be attached to a mosque. If we were near my home, I’d say orthodox, but I’m guesinghere, the blue dome was a mosque.

Schwaiguy

I’m heading down to Tainan for the weekend and wondering if any of these Turkish restaurants are still in operation in particular I like the sound of Turk Evi Turkish Restaurant.
I be grateful if any of the Tainan based Formosans had any recommendations for Turkish or Middle Eastern Cuisine in Tainan :slight_smile: