Is there an English speaking golf coach?

Hello everyone,
I’m new to Taiwan and live in Taipei City. I’ve only been here a month and am still trying hard to adjust to everything. I’m starting to meet people and it seems that my coworkers and friends play a lot of golf. I used to play golf many years ago, all over America but I haven’t swung a club in almost 6 years now! I really want get back into the game but I need a coach that can help me get my game back so I don’t embarrass myself in front of my boss and coworkers. I speak almost no Chinese and am hoping that I could find an English speaking coach. Is it possible to find one in Taiwan? Or am I asking the impossible?
Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you have.

Nick Williams

A guy who lives in my building is a golf coach and speaks English. At least enough to ask me in the elevator the other day if I played golf and wanted a coach. He must do OK. Drives a Benz. If you want me to get his number, let me know. Next time I bump into him, I can ask. (I don’t know which unit he is in.)

contact Kerry Nockolds
Golf Teaching Professional
USGTF certified.

0922 316 461

kerrynockolds@gmail.com

Hi Nick, welcome to Taiwan. I can definitely help you get back into golf. I’m a Canadian, now teaching golf here in Taiwan. I have over 20 years of tournament experience, and have played professionally both in North America and Asia since turning pro in 2000. I’m also an experienced and fully certified golf teacher through the United States Golf Teachers Federation ( USGTF III ) since 2004. I have all the video equipment and software needed for fundamental swing analysis so I can not only show you were you’re at with your golf swing, but also give you a good idea of where we are trying to take it to.

I mainly teach out of a driving range and Par 3 course in the Xin Dian area called Jing Xin, but I do also teach some students out of the Myrimar driving range in Neihu when it’s more convenient for them. Anyone interested in lessons, you can contact me by phone or by email anytime, and we can discuss it further. In the meantime, you can check out my blog to get to know me and my golf philosophy a little better.

0958 750 903
Brentgolf@hotmail.com
wretch.cc/blog/brentgolf

PS: I do also speak Chinese, so for anyone who has friends or family that would like golf lessons in Chinese, I can do that too.

Hi everybody!

If you are looking for an English speaking golf coach, look no further. English and Golf. Perfect combination!

My name is Dan and I live in Kaohsiung. I am not only a swing coach, I know the game from inside. And that’s the way I teach. From Inside Out!

If you are looking for a modern golf swing based on Ben Hogan’s fundamentals, you find the right man to coach you.

You won’t believe your eyes: of course, video analysis is obligatory!

You can reach me via email :[color=#FF0000]dan@golf-klub.si[/color];
or mobile: [color=#FF0000]0975 489 847[/color]

keep 'em straight and far,

Dan

I know a Taiwanese coach who was trained in Australia and USA and know plays on the Asian tour. He is also a very good golf coach and gives my daughter lessons. He is very good.

Anyone want to know his name just respond and I’ll send it to ya.

1 Like

I see this thread is quite old - does anyone know any instructors in the Taipei area?

I know one PM me

Hi - I saw your thread about golf instructors in the Taipei area. If you can send me your recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks