Is there discrimination here? Is it a concern?

One wouldn’t want to go there more than once.

1 Like

You cannot be serious

Why can’t he be serious. It’s a valid question. Not everyone has perfect knowledge.

I tried the Taiwan Government portal. There’s nothing there. Taipei and New Taipei City governments have forms you can fill out but it’s basically sending you to the legal affairs department. The forms I saw were all stock standard and nothing related to what I need. So yes I am serious. The place that has acted in the manner that it has has a long history of just going along with whoever makes an accusation against me. They even refused to call the police when some idiot deliberately came into my lane after watching me swim for 20 laps (that’s 1km) and then stood up in front of me so that I would crash into him. That idiot spent the next hour shouting slanderous and racist slurs against me throughout the whole complex. And the staff did nothing. So yes. I am serious. The people that have the contract with the MoE deserve to have it reviewed and be punished for their discriminatory behaviour.

2 Likes

in that case, you could sue.

7 Likes

That’s an odd complaint, why would you expect them to? Call them.

Contact the MOE. It sounds like this pool should be filled with concrete based on your various descriptions of it.

6 Likes

The fact that there are no channels, they’re tying you up with bureaucracy and there aren’t even appropriate forms should be a pretty clear sign of how seriously they take these issues, or even consider them.

2 Likes

It sounds like a business opportunity. There must be a large niche market on the dark web for this pool. It’s almost too good to be true.

3 Likes

The guy was claiming I assaulted him. He was demanding that the police be called so that I could be charged with assaulting him. I know the local police as they swim at the same pool so I was quite happy for the police to be called. Afterwards he started hurling derogatory abuse towards me and I asked the staff to please call the police so they could deal with the matter but they refused.

Call the police :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

1 Racism is patriotism in Chinese culture
2 You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
3 you are a foreigner
It’s obvious where the problem lies

2 Likes

That’s the worst kind.

1 Like

The guy who called Filipinas “Maria’s” didn’t win, or even come close. The guy who called illegal immigrants rapists and murderers won.

I think he only called the murderers and rapists those things.

2 Likes

Nope, he generalized them as criminals and rapists, and then added the caveat that he assumes some of them are good people.

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

2 Likes

Film this, either pass it off to the media or put it on social media with appropriate censors and hope enough social shame momentum is created to force the authorities to get involved…or at least drive this guy away.

This sounds quite bombastic. I cannot fathom how others - local Taiwanese - have not been able to drive this guy out. Was he really that powerful in the past?

1 Like

You “know the local police as they swim in the same pool”, but have not talked to them about the guy wanking off to kids? They just turn a blind eye to this act themselves?

Seriously something not adding up here.

1 Like

Different pools. I swim at 4 different pools quite regularly depending on where I will be.

I spoke with some locals at that pool and asked them why they hadn’t done anything. They just shrugged their shoulders and said “What can you do?” I made it pretty clear that by saying nothing they are silently giving permission for this behaviour to continue. I don’t know if it’s changed. I haven’t been back to that pool for about 6 weeks as I haven’t been in that area or needed to go there.

1 Like

Taipei City has expanded its legal subsidy program for employment disputes to cover six new types of disputes. Current program provides up to NT$50k/per instance in lawyer fees and up to NT$30k in living expenses.
Foreign nationals not eligible.

Obviously foreigners have no right for employment disputes! … and they don’t pay taxes!!! /s

10 Likes