Is this animal cruelty?

Had to post this, what do you think?

wimp.com/biscuit/

I don’t know if I would say cruelty, but some people might think the guy’s a bit of a dick.

For all we know, he may love his dog and treat him/her extremely well.

:roflmao: That’s not animal cruelty - that’s just playing a joke on your dog. We play games with our dog Gustav all the time - he knows when we’re having fun, because his tail starts wagging and he starts spinning happy whirling dervish type circles… :laughing:

Don’t take things too seriously…

:roflmao: That’s not animal cruelty - that’s just playing a joke on your dog. We play games with our dog Gustav all the time - he knows when we’re having fun, because his tail starts wagging and he starts spinning happy whirling dervish type circles… :laughing:

Don’t take things too seriously…[/quote]

I demand confirmation from Gustav himself! :wink:

I demand confirmation from Gustav himself! :wink:[/quote]
Nah, I’m cool with it. :scooby:

Just some FYI… I wish my dogs were smart enough to play that trick on… I don’t think it’s anywhere near animal cruelty… I think it’s very cute and I’m sure the owner had to give his dog a super big hug after the camera shut down…lol

:taz:

ohh… dog could train that ?
when i get home i try to train my dog … but it is impossible now coz she can’t sit down for 1 sec :loco:

I demand confirmation from Gustav himself! :wink:[/quote]
Nah, I’m cool with it. :scooby:[/quote]
You’re happy having a biscuit balanced on your nose then?

No … it’s just a dumb dog … he should have bitten the guys nuts …

shame!
Thats the same as pretending to throw a ball but keeping it in your hand and look at the dog running like mad. Not that I do this…oh no. That’s just plain torture.

My first reaction is that ya, maybe a bit of a jerk (but dick works too!!) But if you compare it to faking throwing a ball, well I think that is not torture or abuse (an exaggeration,no?) , but can even teach your dog to pay attention. He’s supposed to be watching the ball like a hawk (well, a dog-hawk), not just running. So although it’s not a very nice trick…maybe the dog will LOOK on his nose next time before trying to eat the air! :whistle:

I’ve done that with my dog; and the throwing the fake ball thing, and the laser pen around the living room floor thing.

They may provide a couple of minutes of entertainment, but dogs get wise to it very quickly.

The laser pen no longer has the desired amusing effect.
When I throw the fake ball my dog just sits there and looks at me.
If I put something on it’s nose, my dog just looks at the floor and whatever it is falls off anyway.

As Maoman said, dogs enjoy and learn from jokes and silly games and it’s all part of the special bond which can be found between man and dog. They probably enjoy it just as much as we do.

Your dog must be MUCH, MUCH smarter than my dogs.

My Lucky says that that is animal cruelty, but that since it’s a golden retriever, it is completely acceptable. He hates golden retrievers. :slight_smile:

Man, you should see what Mariposa does when I pretend to throw her feather stick. She’ll race the entire length of my apartment, thinking that it’s been flung.

Oh yeah…and Mariposa is a 7-month-old kitten. Even funnier is when she fetches her stick. It’s longer than the length of her body. Actually watching her fetch a lot of things is pretty funny. Except when it’s $50 coins from my coin bowl.

I’ve never seen anything like it. Isalu’s mouth snaps as he bats at the stick, but Mariposa goes nuckin’ futs and would probably turn her head 360 degrees when I swing the feather stick around her head, if only feline physiology would allow it.

Whatever “animal cruelty” we may engage in, it’s all made up for with naps like this:

Those cold winter nights aren’t so bad after all! :smiley: