Is this normal for taiwanese flatmate?

I am assuming that the drop-kick is still with you.
Here’s how it goes " Tell that cunt to fuck off right now, or I am going to piss on your bed EVERY TIME the bathroom is taken up by them."

Sharing a place is the trickiest thing sometimes. I am dead lucky this time, my flat mate is a great guy. But in the past I have been close to murder, over what I would consider ‘taking the piss’ behaviour. Last time a friend from Cameroon, Blaze, and I shared. His buddy Tony arrived one day, and promptly wouldnt go again. I started to call them gay boys, asking who was the bitch, when was the wedding, who would be wearing the dress etc until Blaze kicked Tony out. Shame that bastard up. There are no verbal agreements when you move in, so you have no right to demand they be kicked out. Just keep digging at them, and dont feel guilty. You didnt start the situation, just make sure you finish it.

A guy I work with invited a taiwanese guy back to the apartment for a drink, and the guy didnt seem to want to leave for 2 days. It may be ‘local’ behaviour…?

I’ve never had a roommate in my life, and I don’t think I could stand it. I recently allowed a friend to stay with me in my tiny little “taofang” for what I thought would only be a few days until he found a job and his own place. When it got to be about two weeks, I had had it, and told him it was time to go … he got all bitchy about it, but hey … it was only supposed to be for a few days and I went out of my way to help him and put my own life on hold. So, my advice would be to just boot the guy out yourself, or move and get your own place. Living alone is soooo much better!

Dude (lao why),

That sucks. Sorry, but I must state like TWB above, damn I’m glad I have my own apartment (read: no roommates). This just confirms the 3 months of pain I went through recently to find my own apartment to my specs was well worth it.

I lived with two random, young Taiwanese people who started out cool. I moved in with my cat and the guy said that he liked cats (and my cat liked him). A few months later, the girl showed up with a dog without asking either of us. Things went downhill from there as my cat regularly smacked the dog. To the point that I found out I was paying half the rent (among three people) while they paid 1/4 each, worked out that I was paying over half the utilities (although I was rarely home), and my cat had developed a strong fear of the girl after I had asked them to take care of him while I left for a week.

Things escalated to a point where while I watched TV the girl would storm off into her room and slam the door. A few seconds later, the phone in the guy’s room would ring. I’d hear them talking in their own rooms and then he’d come out to tell me that I had the TV too loud. The volume was never allowed above 8 points out of 30, being at a distance of over 12 feet from me with traffic roaring outside. If it went one point above or she was in a pissy mood that day, I was told to turn it down. The final straw was when she made a show of locking her bedroom door while my mother came to visit me. As if my mother had any interest in taking lame-ass Hello Kitty plastic shit or tacky furnishings bought at Carrefour or Geant. I lost $10,000 of my $20,000 deposit because it was supposedly used to pay rent when I couldn’t move a set of drawers, but it was money well spent to get out of that hellhole.

I wouldn’t have minded having it to myself, though…$20,000 for a three bedroom two-bath apartment with great views, two huge balconies, and garage space, 5th floor w/ elevator in a 3-year-old brick building…not sure of the pings, but my bedroom was over twice the size of my classroom (room for a huge desk, a queen-size bed, a dresser, and a sofa and still with lots of room to walk around) and it had a very modern kitchen.

I still mourn the loss of that kitchen, but the experience has made me swear off roommates for life.

Roomates stink… unless she is sexing you up…

Yes, but sexed up chicks can often stink :sunglasses:

I think the perfect accomodations should be half like a bordello, and half like a dorm room…at least when your young and in university. In my working life, I haven’t had any bad flatmate experiences, although I have had a bad landlord recently. Loved her shitty property so much, she would go around the place with a magnifying glass looking for problems. By doing this, she was able to cheat me out of 30,000NT. If you love your property that much - don’t rent it.

I was thinking about getting a room mate… just me and the dogs, big house, yard. etc. Now… NOT A CHANCE! Thank you… thank you! I’d rather not get into the mess it could turn out to be. Besides, I like living alone. Saving a few dollars wouldn’t be worth it!

I’ve had boyfriends live with me, and that’s not even like a roommate since you’re supposed to love them or whatever (or get “sexed up” as Tigerman, Esq. would say) … but I can’t even handle that. A weekend together is fine, but another person living with me “permanently” is a big no-no.

I’ve heard of many gay couples that are perfectly happy living separately! Some people are just too set in their ways or hung up about certain things. It took me a long time to get used to living with my BF because he’s very messy. But on the positive side, I’ve learned that my obsessing about tidiness is a silly additional stress I can do without.

Damn! I wish you’d talk to my wife!

Yes, but sexed up chicks can often stink :sunglasses:

[/quote]

Gross. I’m going fishing.

My wife and I have lived together for 5 years or so, and any place we go, we ALWAYS get a place big enough so we each have private space to work in. We found out quickly that each of us must have a “safe zone.”

Most the flatmates I had in undergrad and grad school worked out OK, because if there was a problem or misunderstanding, I had no problem just asking. Directly. Before it turned into a problem. Before there was a huge mass of anger built up.

Have you tried just talking about it to your flatmates? If you have, and it does no good, what the hell are you waiting for? Are you waiting for me to tell you it’s OK to get out of there? Fine. “It’s OK for you to leave…”

I find that people who do this are often spoiled, inconsiderate brats who never had to live with others before and cannot fathom why others would think they are loud, and when you confront them they accuse you of being obnoxious. But why stoop to their level? Just get the heck outta there if things don’t work out.

People should find out what their potential roommates’ working and living habits are and make sure they’re compatible before moving in. Or, you can get really old roommates who can’t stay awake past 10PM…