Is this OK or should I look at something else?

It is a real long time ago I bought the last bike there, so my recommendation might not cover present bizz.
Bad reviews need to be taken serious at least.
There is always the Taipei Bike Works shop (No. 9, Lane 70, Section 2, Chongqing N Rd, Datong District, Taipei City) which goes a mile for their customers.

1 Like

If you are ‘settled’ in a particular part of Taipei you may consider going to a Giant store that is fairly close by to where you live because “some” Giant store owners don’t like working on bikes that you did not buy at their store. In many cases you can see it reflected in some google reviews of a few Giant stores. The Giant store next to Daan Park is one of them, but at least she is very upfront about it on the phone. But in their defense, I guess they are not really wanting to act as your neighborhood “bike repair shop”.

So you may want to take a look at google reviews of the Giant stores near your house to see if there are any complaints like this if you intend to buy at a store that is fairly far away from where you live.

3 Likes

Because to get decent suspension that can actually be rebuild and serviced after a few years will not be at this price point. Usually these lower end forks will fail after some time and will just create more issues and money and most of all, dead weight.

2 Likes

When I asked about the concerns raised the lady explained that in the many years of running the shop she said there had never been any problems with the suspension system and that the replacement cost was the same as the solid front forks found on the more expensive L sized model I rode. She did say the suspension forks were heavier but that. The added weight does not concern me.