Is traffic the worst part of Taiwan's lingering third worldism?

Why couldn’t the meter maid issue illegal parking tickets? Or at least document the illegal parking?

Or charge 10x for people parking in the red lines…

3 Likes

I yelled at a taxi driver that entered the intersection on a red and blocked the crossing after we started crossing.

Then an elderly Taiwanese guy with a cane joined in.

I feel good.

12 Likes

You may have lit the match to start the fire . . .

If I see image on TV of a taxi burning and a cane-waving old guy dancing around it, I’ll know what happened! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

This guy had to be half my height and goes up to the window to give the taxi driver an earful. I was shocked!

Shame the red light runners!

I always point at the signal and exclaim it’s red.

5 Likes

bane-fire-rises

3 Likes

Going back to the original question…I find the lack of soap in bathrooms the worst part of lingering third worldism. There’s a bathroom at Banqiao station that has 1 soap dispenser for ~15 sinks.

4 Likes

Jesus, don’t go to London then.

Luckily we’re wearing masks.

2 Likes

They also double nicely as tissues in a pinch!

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:

Guy

1 Like

Or toilet paper…

Well, i wouldn’t mind wearing one after wiping the corners of my mouth with it…

On the last day of Ghost Month, driving on the freeway with a sunshade covering the front windscreen. Yeah…that’s the way it’s done.

2 Likes

This is the story of 3 different types of drivers in Taiwan:
Driver A: knows basic rules of yielding to other cars (me)
Driver B: no clue about yielding
Driver C: does not yield

At a T intersection Driver B and Driver A arrive at about the same time. Driver B is turning right. Driver B waits as he is going to turn left and waits so does not drive in front of her. But Driver B stops and does not make the right turn…seemingly waiting for Driver A to pull out in front of her and cut into the lane first.
But then Driver C arrives at the intersection. He did not plan to yield to anyone and without stopping was making a left turn on the road where Drivers A and B were facing each other.
But since Driver B had started to finally make her right turn Driver C could not continue his left turn. So there we are all stuck at the intersection. Finally Driver C backed up into his lane allowing Driver B to start making her left turn. Then Driver C naturally was in a hurry and squeezed around her to make his turn…not yielding to me.

ScreenHunter 220

3 Likes

How did Car C end up upside down?

2 Likes

How else are you supposed to turn left on an intersection?

:pencil2: :spiral_notepad: Thanks for the illustration. I’m going to make a Driving In Taiwan Simulator to help people with low blood pressure.

3 Likes

Another nasty accident. Driver took the car out to do a test drive, he was going 140kph (although police suspect he had been driving even faster than this. Spun out of control and hit a tree, killed himself and the dealership owner who had ridden along with him, and the driver’s wife in the backseat is severely injured.

Accident took place less than 1km away from the dealership.

1 Like

For these types of idiots this type of accident would eventually happen…if not today then sometime in the future. I have to say feel no pity for them. My only concern is one day an idiot like this will kill my wife.

3 Likes

Do you feel sorry for the dealer owner?

I wonder if he told this idiot to slow the f&ck down—or if he just wanted the (now no) sale. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy