Is Tsai trying to shut down CTi News?

Belated update. They are very popular, I see them in nearly every supermarket and mixed goods store. Not sure why I’m posting this other than to prove they exist and I am not insane. Now you know I suppose?

https://shopee.tw/旺旺WANT-WANT-米豆米果-350g-包-經典古早味辦公室零食聊嘴-下午茶點心-小包裝-米果米餅-野餐-全素-現貨-i.68908036.1228254569

1 Like

If you turn to channel 52 right now, you’ll see that their anchors are all wearing white with a black ribbon to protest the impending shutdown. Apparently, more than 400 people will be out of work next month.

Through the fault of their own management.

1 Like

I believe the majority of them are professionals in their fields who don’t care about the political leaning of their big boss. It is simply doing what they were trained at a workplace that happened to be run by someone who is enamored of China.

On the payroll of an enemy state

1 Like

Let’s say you’re a news translator, and CTi is the only news station in town that has an English news program that needs your professional skills. Would you pass up the opportunity to work there because you’d be “on the payroll of an enemy state”?

Doubt it. All of Taiwan’s news stations are national news. Taiwan doesn’t have local news.

I’d love something like a theoretical Danshui Star or Linkou post or Sansia Shopper. Local events, local news, local people.

Kind of confused what point you are trying to make. Yes people working there are collateral damage in Taiwan’s war against misinformation and Chinese infiltration.

Jobs aren’t hard to find and the greater good for society is that cti closed down.

If a restaurant employing 100 people closed down because rats were found in the kitchen, would you be complaining about how unfair it was workers lost their jobs ?

1 Like

Thanks to that, now I learned 宜蘭食品工業股份有限公司 is a subsidiary of Want Want.

1 Like

Well…Want Want is sort of a rat if you think about it…

1 Like

Are they really a national security threat?

Why don’t we just educate people to be better consumers f information?

Cti has a good weekly economics show
Welcome to Gboard clipboard, any text you copy will be saved here.

Cable TV network Chung Tien Television (CTiTV) was fined NT$600,000 (US$18,767) in 2020 by the National Communications Commission (NCC) for broadcasting inaccurate information delivered by guests on a news program. CTiTV has already failed to have the penalty overturned once, and on Thursday (Sept. 15) it failed again after the Supreme Administrative Court upheld the fine.

2 Likes

Seems a bit egregious, supported them being banned at the time, but Taiwan media is just a stream of bad practices, half truths, lies , conspiracies and misquotes

How is this not politically motivated?

1 Like

Yes. If they really wanted to fight disinformation, all channels would be taken off the air.

1 Like

Not at all. Cti is by far the worst.

Just keep fining the fuck out them for probable mis/disinformation. all of them, the ones on tv at least seem to be pretty trashy across the board. the media here is quite shyte, but we certainly need to keep allowing it to be free.

1 Like

Not when it’s all lies and parrots to CCP talking points.

2 Likes

Yeah should have been banned