Is vitamin C/nutrition in general a scam?

I used to get sick at least twice a year, usually at the change of the seasons (around November and April). I tried many things (multi-vitamins, vitamin C, echinacea, Omega 3, etc.), and then my mom introduced me to resveratrol, which I take 250 mg every day. Now I hardly ever get sick. Give it a try.

I get a cough once a year like clock work. During September when weather changes and allergies start to act up. The mucus drainage irritates my throat and I cough. I keep coughing eventually I damage my throat and it becomes a issue. Really annoying.

Not as I recall.
But when I was a kid, they didnā€™t belong to the Twizzlers megabrand, so that may have changed.

Not to sound too much like a hippy, but city people need to get out in nature. Work all day indoors, drive inside a car, eat inside a restaurant, exercise I side a gym etc. Drop the gym and head to a forest, instead of a park. The billions more electrical charges j. Forest, the diversity and ever-changing everything really does wonders.

I eat shit, never excercise for the purpose of gaining health. But Iā€™m always outside. I feel.colds coming on, flu etc. Even food poisoning now just lasts a short time, 12 to 24 hours, and my body fights it. Iā€™m ashamed to admit how.lousy I eat, but.I feel because Iā€™m out in real environments a lot my body has the ability to fight them. I used to live in a polluted city area for 8 years. I would be sick in a serious way 10 or more times a year, hospital 2 to 5 times. Used to be quite serious. For a 4 year stretch I would wake up nauseous and sick for a few hours every single day, even tried other countries hospitals to figure it out. My diet hasnā€™t changed much, but my outdoor lifestyle has and so has my stress level. Work and all that is essentially the same. I put great faith in mingling with a healthy environment to become healthy.

1 Like

Yeah I think youā€™ve got a point. The pollution I suck in nearly every day almost certainly has something to do with my decreased immunity. Itā€™s just really hard to manage that because I live and work here. The best I can do is get a good air purifier for my homeā€¦

Or city people live in high population density areas so they come in contact with other people carrying virus and bacteria. Many people have viruses and bacteria in them and donā€™t look and feel sick and can easily pass it on to others with lesser immunity or just their body doesnā€™t fight that particular strand well or possibly the virus mutates so itā€™s easy to get sick.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had a cold for 4 years while living in Taipei and going to a gym. However, my avatar is of a rodent!

1 Like

Youā€™re too young or too stressed, your immune system is just not up to the task.

I think my untreated anxiety issues might be a bigger factor than I realize.

Iā€™ve lived in this pollution for decades, and I never get colds. I think a lot of it comes down to heredity. Some people just have naturally stronger immune systems.

This may or may not be the issue. Are either of your parents especially susceptible to viruses?

Hygiene is also important when it comes to viruses. Wash your hands a lot, especially under your fingernails, and donā€™t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your fingers.

Yup, like I said its years since I last got a cold but I get a ton of allergies !

Itā€™s like cavities. Growing up my cousins would brush their teeth 10 times a day, morning, before bed, after meals etc. Floss and use mouth wash. They would just still get cavities. Me I brushed probably once a day in the morning as a kid and never had an issue, zero cavities.

Can someone please tick the solution box for this?

1 Like

Maybe I have the worst of both immune systems. My dad doesnā€™t get sick very often but when he does it always knocks him on his ass. My mom gets little bugs here and there but rarely anything that makes her visibly ill.

Iā€™m a very germ-conscious person, maybe to a fault. I wash my hands often and well. I guess Iā€™m just unlucky!

I always thought @brasdā€™s avatar was some kind of hyper realistic rendering of Mewtwo.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious on if you eat much meat? I find many women to under eat meat and iron intake, itā€™s especially important for women because of monthly cycles they have. You donā€™t have to eat meat but it takes effort to get the nutrition if you donā€™t.

You live with cows so how would you get sick?

1 Like

How about people that ā€˜eatā€™ finger nails?

I actually go out of my way to eat more meat and other iron-rich foods like spinach for that reason. Also because Iā€™ve been trying to build more muscle. But there seems to be conflicting data on meat and immunity; some things Iā€™ve read say that eating too much meat will actually lower your immune system.

Twice a day is sufficient. Preferably 20-30 minutes after eating.

Brushing teeth advice