Is vitamin C/nutrition in general a scam?

Yes bad diet full of red meat probably isn’t the healthiest for most people. But I’ve known some people who have done incredible eating only meat.

But general balance is fine for most people.

Try giving blood. There’s many health benefits linked to it as well.

I actually don’t weigh enough to give blood lol. They’d have to give it right back to me. It’s no big loss though since I don’t have an especially rare or needed blood type.

There’s actually a fair amount of research suggesting that living in an overly clean environment weakens your immune system. So if your place is always clean, you more easily catch things when going out.

That’s what my friend who never gets sick despite working with children says. He has more contact with germs so he’s more immune to them. But what the heck is the “right” amount of regular exposure?? Should I lick a pole on the MRT every now and then?

Agreed. That’s a hard one. I guess for me it got better the longer I was exposed to common Taiwanese street germs.

I would advise against that. You never know what those poles have touched before…

I don’t want to be their kidneys!

Dr_Milker has no problem with that.

They aren’t eating massive disproportionate amounts…and the protein damages your kidneys is a blown out of proportion myth. Healthy kidney will have zero issues, bodybuilders have pushed to 3-500grama of protein a day with no issues.

I couldn’t do an all-meat diet. The bowel movements must be an ordeal.

The key is whether or not you were exposed to a healthy range of germs when you were a little kid, which helps your immune system develop. If you weren’t, it’s too late at this point.

1 Like

Why, it’s all digested, nothing comes out.

Should be a none issue for a young person. I pretty much ate a all meat diet when I was a kid.

Oh, I was for sure!

Growing up in Belgium, I would imagine so. :hushed:

Oh yes, we milked the cows! And played in the fields just freshly sprayed with cow dung. And we ran into ‘cow pies’ sometimes.

All your cows had diarrhea? :hushed:

It was a mess while milking!

Green veggies have more iron and minerals.

Ah my poor stomach flora. Peritonitis took care of it and most of my immune system.

Ouch. Digestive tract flora can be restored, but it takes time.