Is Zero Hedge *not* just Russian Propaganda?

Gang violence is hardly a civil war

They’re calling in the army!

Imagine that

Propaganda or Not: Examining the Claims of Extensive Russian Information Operations within the United States

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Correlation-coefficients-of-attribute-salience-for-the-United-States-There-was-a-strong_tbl1_353047327

FYI:

Dangling archived content that is walled (heh, hedged) off, in order for me to apply for SNOWFLAKE tier access, are you?

I can’t fathom how much of a russophile/idiot one must be to think the $85 a month package is even remotely worth it…

1 Like

I figured they just wanted to hide the worst of their articles so people might forget how off base they are

1 Like

It seems pretty clear they’re Russia leaning! Any other links to “Prop or Not”? Nor do I care to pay for ResearchGate to find out :slight_smile:

This sourced, transparently authored…paper…reeks of MSM HOGWASH. Dicks out for Durden! A stranger I can trust :heart:

If you can’t persuade me why I shouldn’t trust someone who can’t even reveal themselves, consider me unimpressed

Got this info by way of Elon, thank him for it: archive.today

Here’s a direct download link
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Douglas-Wilbur/publication/353047327_Propaganda_or_Not_Examining_the_Claims_of_Extensive_Russian_Information_Operations_within_the_United_States/links/60e60b261c28af345850e90c/Propaganda-or-Not-Examining-the-Claims-of-Extensive-Russian-Information-Operations-within-the-United-States.pdf

You can signup for researchgate free, and don’t even need to do that to download, though

1 Like

Big red flag for me out the gate here. ZeroHedge hedging their articles…outrageous. Basely hypocritical, imo

1 Like

It’s ok to spew bullshit if it’s not MSM. Non MSM media are certainty less influenced by the same practical concerns that drive the MSM!

The whole MSM line is tiring indeed. It implies that Alt media is any better than the media it set out to replace and I’ve yet to see much evidence thereof.

1 Like

To be clear: there are plenty of idiots to go around.

It’s the extreme broad brushstrokes to describe varied positions that I feel are unhelpful. :person_shrugging:

Guy

1 Like

So you’re recognizing MSM is as much of agenda-driven, biased bullshit?

1 Like

I think watching about five minutes of Fox “News” would make this point abundantly clear. :upside_down_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Among a number of other stations :slight_smile:

1 Like

All sources have bias, some more than others

3 Likes

Zero Hedge is not just Russian propaganda. It is Marxist-Libertarian fantasy. The kind of thing one either sees through of or remains forever a child in man pants. Their thing: that the west is done, is a fantasy. All the news they pump out an effort to convince people of the long longed for apocalypse of the west. It’s an egophanic revolt against the order of things, based on the hermeneutics of suspicion. Obviously Russian propaganda assists them no end. Deep down they want a strong man to end the disturbing process of becoming a man. To wit: it’s always someone else’s fault.

3 Likes

This looks like an interesting review. Anybody read the book?

I admit I was skeptical, because one, the word memoir sounded boring, and two, that a 30-something should have a memoir seemed premature to me.

But as soon as I started reading, Broken English Teacher: Notes From Exile, I was hooked.

He drew me in with behind the scenes experiences, events, and people that I have never known personally, but I knew their type existed somewhere. It made me feel like I was being let in on a secret, or given expert observations from an anthropologist studying neo-Nazis, obese intrusive stepmothers, mooching ex-cons, and even a voyeuristic midget.

From Neo-Nazis to Meth-Fueled Ladyboys: An Unfiltered Dive into the World’s Hidden Corners | ZeroHedge