Ishigaki Island (250km east of Taiwan) - direct flights 2018

I know this is normally the task of our respected Ishigakian @Yuli , but I haven’t seen much on this topic since a few years: I’m wondering how to best get to ishigaki again. I didn’t find any direct flights from Hualien any more, like TransAsia used to offer. There seem to be direct flights from Taipei Taoyuan Airport though, by China Airlines, starting a bit shy of 10K TWD. I read that two airlines fly from Taiwan, but couldn’t find info on the second one.

Any other hints or ideas?

I wanted to go by boat but ended up taking a 55 minutes flight. Price should be around what you said. Lovely tiny island, but a bit more pricey than what it should be IMO. I’d love to have the time for going back.

Especially when you can get round trip tickets to Okinawa for around 4000 NT.

Dunno about food and accommodation, but I suspect it could be cheaper in other parts of Okinawa… stupid islands that have to import even the food… that reminds me of something but I can’t remember what…

I wish I could take Bobby on a trip to such beautiful islands.

It’s much like Taiwan but at scale… and with polite people. And without horrible traffic. And without factories and warehouses everywhere. And without pollution. You know what, fuck Bobby, go alone.

2 Likes

F*** Bobby!? Hey man, I am not into that kind of exotic stuff!!

I know you Icon… :smiley:

So, um, paradise?

Well, you could get jesus80 to, you know, “babysit” him for you.

Then we could all get some sleep…

Are you saying the things I write here don’t let you sleep?

WOW. I feel powerful.

Not really. It’s a touristic island. Still less crowded than Taiwan xD

It is a nice place though. The coral reef drop I saw there is one of the most impressive things I’ve seen in the sea, although I’m afraid my experience is limited. The reef itself was meh, but the drop… man…

I went to Ishigaki for CNY 2017. I remember seeing very few flights from Taiwan, so I opted to stay on Okinawa a few days then a few days on Ishigaki. Loads of flights from Okinawa.

Each day there I took a ferry to a different island for day trips (but a flight for Yonaguni, which is awesome). Lovely, lovely islands.

Right. Some of the islands aronud are really nice. A couple of weeks ago there was some TV show about Taketomi or Iriomote (I think), and I was happy to see it again… but the beaches in Hateruma are something else. Some in Ishigaki are nice too.

Man, need to travel more!

Oh man, every day I was on Ishigaki the seas were too rough for the ferries to run to Hateruma, so I never got there. Next time!