It it legal for us foreigners to stick our noses in Taiwan politics? or will that get us deported?

Maybe they are burning all that because they got real lucky…

Probably just you.

However you pick your nose, don’t pick it in Taiwan politics, or else you will be deported! :no_no:

Ha ha ha…
Never use safety as an argument with Taiwanese. Look around you. Open knife switch circuit breakers on hot water heaters (too be turned off after you get out of the shower, spigots right next to outlets. Once tried getting lightning arrestors for a TV antenna and the electronic guy at the shop never heard of it.
Stair cases have no child guards, kids slurp down that jelly candy.
A while back a local friend told me he was fiddling with his antenna one day and lightning struck nearby. He just shrugged and went back to work.
They’re definitely getting Devine protection from the temples. These hazards wipe out a tone of people in the west every day. If you question it here, you either think too much or are inviting trouble…

Oh and I have seen people stick weld without any welding mask. They either look away, close their eyes, or shield the light with their other hand while welding.

They get really bad arc eyes after work and they say it gets better in the morning…

1 Like

You should consult with a lawyer before starting a petition and confirm what you are doing is legal.

This could be possibly illegal as it can be interpreted as a violation of the purpose of your ARC as well as right to protest not being extended to foreigners.

It’s…a grey area.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice. We are trying our best for this issue, hope this is not illegal. This online petition is the last attempt other than emailing to relevant parties. We will be careful on our action then.

I understand and appreciate your advice.

1 Like

I know. I am out of the country at the moment. I’ll give my MP friend a talking to about this issue. But please, for your sake, consult a lawyer before engaging in political activities.

I can recommend mine if you want, but ensure you are protected.

2 Likes

I would appreciate if you can recommend your lawyer to us. Now i am a bit scare…just a student. The rest are working in Taiwan.

1 Like

It’s nothing to be scared of.

I agree, there is a lot of problems facing foreigners and integration. We’re often left out of the discussion because we’re not voting constituents. A lot of old rules and laws still exist because… we can’t vote and things are only changed when they need us.

There’s a reason why I’ve never started a petition. In many countries, citizenship is required for a petition or signature to be valid.

I’m paranoid myself. I have my full name on nothing. Lmao. I’m cautious.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Will definitely discuss and check more on this.

Totally understand and respect the rules of every country. I was too stress as couldnt go back to Taiwan with kids. We know it is slim chance for this cause.

I really appreciate your feedback. Consider a newcomer in Taiwan still :slight_smile: just a year

1 Like

I moved the last few posts to this thread (from here). Wasn’t this question already answered multiple times? What part of 入出國及移民法 Art. 29 is in doubt here?

If you do talk to a lawyer, by all means let us know how it goes. :+1:

Actually, it is an act out of desperation to pledge to the government. I have no means to interfere with the politics - definitely will heed the advice and be patient from now on. Thank you all for the honest advice, I really don’t know about this

Of course, but all laws are the result of politics.

1 Like

And that the legal system is intertwined with politics.

totally understand it now. Thanks a lot :slight_smile: