IT Sales - Job Opportunity in Taiwan

Hello Guys,

Another post for me.
As you might be aware, I am currently in the process of getting a Gold Card, and if things go according to plan, I will start a 9 months Mandarin Program in Taiwan.

However, I also would like to understand what can be done “after” that.

I am from Europe, so I speak a Southern European Language, plus English and right now extremely basic Mandarin (HSK2/HSK3 level).
After the 9 months program, I expect to have reached a good "functional"fluency level, so be able to live daily without using Mandarin, and do presentations and meetings in Mandarin about my line of work.

My background is in Pre-sales and Technical Sales, and the technology I worked on are:

• Infrastructure Management
  • Telecom
  • Cloud Architecture
  • Cloud Connectivity

I am 29 and I have about 9 years of experience in the field, of which 5 in Asia (Singapore and Hong Kong SAR/Greater China).
I have a bachelor degree from the UK and a few IT certifications.
I have been a speaker for several events in Asia.

What I would like to understand is:

• Assuming I can learn Mandarin as much as I need, will there be opportunities for a profile like mine?
  • Are you aware of the average salary level for a Technical Sales/IT Sales/Presales position?
  • How to move/do networking?

I am currently paid in Singapore dollars, so it is not fair to compare the salaries, also due to the cost of living.
Using Numbeo and a couple of other benchmarks, I was told that in order to maintain a similar level of living standard, I should earn around 160,000NTD monthly, exclusive of any bonus.

Is this anything doable?
Note: I am a technical SALES, so I am not a developr nor able to do developers job, IT administration etc…

Thanks a lot guys!

I’m not familiar with your industry, but based on the labour market here I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a company here that will offer that.

Looks like you have an impressive CV though, I might be wrong.

1 Like

Thanks a lot mate.
That amount can be reduced a little if the company provides RSU/Bonus/Comms, etc…, depends.

Will see if anyone who might have a similar background can give an hint!

Not my field but aren’t a lot of Western companies opening cloud centers here:

Amazon is actually one of the company who I know pays that rate for my position.
Same goes for Microsoft, I was wondering if anyone had a broader experience.
Google Cloud has also a Taiwan region actually.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like