Italy defies allies and sign the Silk Road project with China

I told Lilith soon she’ll have the same problem as me having to tell people Italy is not a province of China.

2 Likes

So Italy is becoming involved with a player/players that may have a detrimental effect on the economy or long term security of its neighbours in Europe.
I’m getting old and I often forget things, but I could swear there was a similar thing that happened some years ago. Had something to do with a war or something-something.
Ah, nevermind. I’m sure it’ll all be ok.

4 Likes

Italy always jumps on the wagon of whoever seems the winner at the moment XD

1 Like

Well. Now I know I was right to vote against them.

@Marco sorry to tell you that not only those governing right now, but anyone else in Italy. Mine was a general consideration😂

I’ve heard that from other Italians too. Many are not happy, they want Silvio back (he just wanted bunga-bunga)!

Silvio got us into this mess. He’s just as bad

Not sure Italians are ready for an actual fix. Spain got it right in 2008, gotta let the market do its thing but that hurts in the short term and I really don’t see neither Italy nor France biting the bullet anytime soon.

1 Like

We’ve been avoiding that bullet for 40 years so far. Our economic model is to devalue the currency every time to attract more investment. That ended with the Euro’s introduction and the government doesn’t have any more ideas.

2 Likes

Not only Italy . .

Luxembourg Signs Accord With China on Belt and Road Initiative

By

Stephanie Bodoni
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-27/luxembourg-signs-accord-with-china-on-belt-and-road-initiative

The current Italian strategy in my opinion is: our debt is too big to fail. In case, the shock would be felt worldwide.

Luxembourg has worked closely with China for a while. It’s also the EU’s first clearance center for Renminbi.

1 Like

Kyrgyzstan got owned by a Chinese company after they basically were forced to use them by the Chinese Government to fix their aging power plant problem.

The Chinese are all over this friggin’ planet with their Silk Road!

1 Like

Even the cautious Swiss are signing up
https://www.silkroadbriefing.com/news/2019/04/25/switzerland-sign-off-chinas-belt-road-initiative/