It's pretty good/issue with scroll function

It could use some minor work though. For example, when threads get long, I need a way to jump to the top or bottom of the page from any point on the page, but there is no way other than scrolling or going back in browser history… There could be two small up/down arrows in the bottom right corner which stay floating in that position no matter where you scroll to.
Additionally, we could benefit from this thing moving along with the current view of the thread

I hope these can be some good improvements to consider :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bottom right corner tells you what post of total posts you’re on, click that. Then click “jump to”

4 Likes

You can also click on the title of the topic to jump to the first post.

1 Like

I don’t have anything in the bottom right corner…

On desktop use the slider at right in your screenshot.

but like i said before, on long threads i keep having to scroll it up and up and up and up repetitively… it doesn’t keep the whole page loaded in at once, so it takes a long time to get to the top or bottom… do you understand?

and vice versa if i am started at the bottom of the post

Look at this picture that you shared

it doesn’t move though, it stays at the top so if i’m sent to the bottom from the start, i would have to manually keep scrolling all the way to the beginning of the thread to reach that thing

No, I don’t think so. Just drag the slider to the top of its band and you’ll be at the beginning of the thread. I just did it in a thread with 5000 posts.

alright, where is it? and if you’re talking about this:
I have already attached a video that shows why it doesn’t work, so I’d like to see where the scroll bar is that you’re talking about, when not at the top of a page…

There’s also a scroll bar on the right side. I’ve been using Chrome. I just tried Edge, and I noticed that when I used the Edge browser, the scroll bar was further to the right (at least on my computer). I just tried Firefox, and the scroll bar is also further to the right with that browser (at least when I used it).

Also with Edge and Firefox (again, I just know what things look like on my computer), that right side scroll bar looked smaller than it did with Chrome.

In this screenshot I’m using Desktop mode in my mobile phone so I can see the right side scroll bar. This does not move when I scroll to the bottom of a thread

We will need more details about your use if you hope to receive any meaningful advice - details like browser, browser version, operating system, and device

The title of this thread is a pretty good example of a title that tells us practically nothing about this situation

Fwiw I’m using Android on a Samsung A12 and using it’s built in Chromium-based browser

With the persistent scroll bar on the right that is normally found in Desktop views, you can jump to the top by clicking he first date, jump to the bottom by clicking the last timestamp (ex. 6m ago), and drag the current view (5/12) up and down

If you are on Desktop view on your mobile like in my example, try viewing it in LANDSCAPE mode

I’m on chrome… the only scroll bar is the browser one but it doesn’t work for long threads as shown in the video link

1 Like

Chrome, Windows 11, AORUS 5 SE4, i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3070 Laptop

it’s not persistent for me, as shown in one of my images above… it is pinned to the top and does not move

1 Like

my post overall was just to say the site was pretty good and that I only had a few suggestions

2 Likes

reuploading in case it expires

and remember, it happens this way vice versa too
(meaning if i start at the bottom i have to do this to get to the top, or a specific post far up)

I’m sorry you’re having a problem with the site. I’m not tech savvy enough to be of help. I’m hoping there’s a solution.

1 Like

It’s okay, only a minor inconvenience but I just wanted to make the creators aware of it so they could make adjustments as necessary

Would you happen to know which version of Chrome you’re on?

1 Like