Itunes podcasts without itunes

I don’t have an ipod and I don’t want an ipod. I like my Cowon mp3 player much better although it is getting a bit old. My problem is with itunes. I usually use Juice for downloading podcasts and for the most part it works well. The problem comes when Apple keeps making deals with various podcasters to have their content only available through itunes. I used to really enjoy listening to Bill Maher’s Real Time but now Apple has made a deal with HBO so that I can’t download the podcast through Juice anymore but need to install itunes. There’s been a few other podcasts that I would have liked to get but couldn’t because I don’t want to use itunes.

I have found a site which allows me to browse the itunes store without installing itunes and then download the podcasts that I want but I have to download each episode individually. This is a bit of a pain. Now, I could just install itunes but I don’t like encouraging the sort of behaviour that Apple is exhibiting. Free content that is not produced by Apple should be left free and accessible to all regardless of the podcasting program one chooses to use.

So my question: Is there a way to access itune feeds without using itunes?

Never mind, I just figured out how to do it. It’s actually quite easy. You just need to go to this site

app-store.appspot.com/?url=viewG … scache%3D1

which lets you browse itunes without downloading itunes. Once you see a podcast you like, just open the feed and copy the URL into your podcaster.

If this isn’t clear and anyone really wants to know, let me know and I’ll try to be clearer.