I've watched over 100 dashcams...how to prevent car accidents in taiwan

On taiwanese social media: My foreign husband is the worst driver :sweat_smile:

Truthfully, most people are total shit at driving and operating machinery safely and efficiently. No one admits it though!

I’ve got my hair shirt on today. Sorry Canada, for the awful mess you just be in since we left you to your own devices forty years ago.

I completely agree with you about the people on it for face types. There’s this diesel bmw that I’ve seen around. They tried to upgrade the exhaust. Now it just sounds like a tractor.

There’s also the hand me down Mercedes’ and bmw types. They never stop for anything.

The fact that there’s like only ONE liquor store on the North side of Niagara Falls is a national embarrassment. The fact that they are stocked, poorly mind you, with lagers and pilsners is a scandal.

My wife must have had the same instructor.

They claim that liability belongs to the person who hit the other, so you only need to care about not hitting others.

Its different. Its ain’t perfect , but it’s still generally a lot better. And not only developed cluntries either.

I am liking these posts a lot :slight_smile:

But a question. generally better, where?

I am watching my nieces and nephews driving in Canada, with all their social narcissistic postings, and am quite astonished how familiar it all seems to here :face_in_clouds:

I admit it got a bit worse where I’m from in Western Europe, definitely more agreessive now and in a hurry, but thay are coming down a high pedestal whereas Taiwan drivers seem to be struggling to rise up from the mud.
As an example of countries that aren’t super highly developed I felt drivers were much better in Thailand and Malaysia, dont have the same level of aggression.
Worst ever drivers I encountered were in China, no surprise I guess.

Try Massachusetts.

1 Like

~ Most actually high cars like rolls Royce’s, Bugatti etc drive somewhat carefully because they realise how expensive it is to fix them.

These are the ones who drive way under the speed limit in the inside lane and break anytime another vehicle drives by. They wait 10 or so seconds before starting on a green light. They take 5 minutes to park their car, and take up 2 spaces when they finally do. On and on and on…

Edit…I don’t know how to quote from a previous poster. First part of this was from @Explant

1 Like

lol, ya fair points. over cautious to the point of dangerous.

1 Like

Watch out for scooter clowns and scooter clowns that are now upgraded to fast cars.

I frequently drove in New York City, even Chinatown, with no problem. My daily commute was 4 lanes of bumper-to-bumper, shoulder-to-shoulder traffic at 70+mph. You couldn’t pay me to drive in Taiwan. People here seem seriously deficient in empathy and awareness of others. Even walking, they don’t seem to notice others that they are about to collide with. I guess it comes from growing up in one of the most crowded places on earth, you tune out the existence of others. They also seem oblivious to their own danger. (Yes, mostly these theories are based on my wife.)

2 Likes

Exceedingly rare in Taiwan.

And I don’t think these cars are usually parked were ordinary people park. Probably mostly in reserved places in hotel garages, golf clubs or rich people’s homes.

might be surprised. especially if we include Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini and so on.

The main point above, at least for me, was more little king syndromes pretending they are top shit owning the roadways.

Comparable to the egotistical ass hole at a bar, that really cannot fight worth a damn, picking fights all night because of their inflated sense of “whatever”. this is similar to driving here. I find it truly fascinating how the nicest human being here can turn into a hitler minded WWF roided up body type rage within seconds when behind the wheel. My mother in.law is a great example. all 40kg of her haha. but fuck me, the worst racist shit comes out of her mouth in Taiwanese right quick. even when she doesnt realize her stopping mid freeway trying to turn is the cause of the problem lol.

I insist of driving the family now. even though the tiny ass car makes my knees fugged for weeks after. better than death…

2 Likes

This guy crashed his concrete truck today. He had to be cut out from the cabin so could be seriously injured. Diesel fuel all over the road which could cause more accidents… especially those on two wheels…

I wonder how he managed to crash like that.

Too fast in the corner, hit a wet spot or wasn’t paying attention and overcorrected, or maybe dodging some asshole coming in the opposite direction and also going too fast. Boggles my mind how often people drive double the speed limit on the wrong side if the road through corners here, especially when you see so many people doing it that you never know when someone is going the wrong way coming at you…

If you look at his track marks, it looks like he came from a side road.

Oh yeah, probably too fast trying to turn then

But still also could have been trying to dodge someone