Jake's Sports Cafe in Taoyuan

[quote=“Jake”]As for the kitchen, we have a kitchen space but, as of now, no equipment. So,please bare with us for a while and let us sort it out.
We’re getting a fryer, so we’ll have the usual greasy bar food.[/quote]

Will the food in and food out area’s be separate.

Jake,

I went past there today looking for the place. I forgot the number so I was looking out for a sign…

…er, couldn’t find it :blush: , and the only English I could read was “Rum Bar”. How close was I?

[quote=“truant”]Jake,

I went past there today looking for the place. I forgot the number so I was looking out for a sign…

…er, couldn’t find it :blush: , and the only English I could read was “Rum Bar”. How close was I?[/quote]

Dude, that WAS the bar!

lol

jd sensible

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“truant”]Jake,

…er, couldn’t find it :blush: , and the only English I could read was “Rum Bar”. How close was I?[/quote]

Dude, that WAS the bar!

lol

jd sensible[/quote]
Aw shet. Man I got to skim read less. I was dying of thirst too.

Thanks JD :blush:

[quote=“truant”]Jake,

Give me a call. I’ll take you there. :beer:

Pretty sure I know where it is…

Truant, did you ever have a chance to stop by? I’m looking forward to buying you the beers. I got several customers that found our place because of the map. Thanks again.

Also, can some one tell me how to post a new ad in the new version of " Buy and sale" section. How come I can’t find the new topic link?

[quote=“Jake”]Truant, did you ever have a chance to stop by? I’m looking forward to buying you the beers. I got several customers that found our place because of the map. Thanks again.

Also, can some one tell me how to post a new ad in the new version of " Buy and sale" section. How come I can’t find the new topic link?[/quote]

Try forumosafieds.com/

I stopped briefly outside on Wed on my way past after Chinese lessons. Will probably swing by for a beer next week. Looks cool from the outside.

After much haggling with the building management Dream TV and DSTV South Africa will be installed 01 September…

Hopefully this time when I turn up to get the job done I won’t have any hassles… :astonished: :astonished:

did satellite every get installed?

I was in there again, a couple weeks ago…I believe they got some sort of sat. But i was told it has changed hands, and now 100% local owned. It was dead. I was there around 9-11pm. So far no reason to return. It was nothing special.

i’ve seen the car the used to be parked outside the place (with the “sports bar” sign) parked up near my place for a while now, which got me thinking.

thanks for the update - i guess if there’s something on sat. and i don’t feel like a trip to chung li, then it could be checked out.

Hello to all, It’s Jake.

Sorry, I don’t have Satellite and I won’t put a system in until I move from this location. I’m looking to move to another location as my lease is up next July. I have problems with the community and they wanted us to give them a NT100,000 deposit if I wanted to install a Satellite system. That’s the Taiwanese way of saying " No" to our request of having the dish placed on the roof. They won’t say " No" directly but will set terms that may be unacceptable to the other party.

Yes, business is not rocking, but, it’s the same for most places around town. We are able to survive and most of all our customers are Chinese. My bar manager, Judy speaks English and Ricky from old EZ is working part time for me. It’s really hard to hire people now. Plus, in Taoyuan and Chungli area, the “Chuan po” ( Instant Hostess, Instant friend ) business is what most girls want to do. They make more and don’t have to drink so much.

I spend most of my time drinking at other bars around town. So, I leave most decision making and daily operations to Judy.

Energy, sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time at my bar. Yeah, the bar can be dead, really dead some of the time. I don’t have certain times when it’s for sure to be busy. If I’m busy one day, then the bar will be dead the next. So, if we do ok on a Friday night, then, Sat. will be dead and vice versa.

I don’t know if I’ve ever met you before, Energy, but I’m Chinese American. So, when locals tell me that I’m too westernize with my actions, my thoughts and my ways of doing things and when they say that I’m not Taiwanese, I take that as a compliment. So, when I read that you commented on my bar being " now 100% local owned", I’ll take that as a compliment,too.

To the old friends, foreigners and local, you can drop by and ask Judy to give me a callon my cell and we can go bar hopping. I spend my time drinking at all the other bars in around town. So, most likely, I’ll be just at most 10 minutes away.