Jake's Sports Cafe in Taoyuan

Jake’s Sports Cafe opening this weekend, July 16,17
The location is in Taoyuan, close to the dome (Big Egg).
The address is No.34, San Ming Road, section 1.
Tel: 03-333-1732, 333-3650, 0926886205 Jake, 0920787266 Charles
Our business hours are 4:oopm-4:00am (M-F) and 12pm-4:00am
( Sat.,Sun)

For our Grand Opening, on both days, we’ll have Free BBQ from 5pm-9pm. Come and have dinner with us.

Also, on both days, we’ll put out 10 cases of free beer on a first come first serve basis. Help yourself to some beer.

For non-beer drinkers, all cocktails will be 100NT, all non-alcoholic beverages will be 50NT.

This is a joint venture between Taiwanese and Foreign English Teachers in Taoyuan. We’re hoping to create a home away from home, the place to be in Taoyuan County. We’re hoping it’ll be a favorite hangout place.

We’re installing satellite TV, but don’t know which Satellite package to get. Anyone have any ideas? call me, Jake 0926886205 or write me at ltshih@yahoo.com.

I’ll get a map in the next few days. E-mail me for it or check this thread out again.

fantastic! We’ll check it out for sure.

Regarding Satellite, you might want to get in touch with Jim (aka Satellite TV) to go thru the options.

New location for HH in Taoyuan?

Looks like from your email to me this morning we’re going to install Dream TV first and then Multichoice Africa at a later date.

See you on Thursday :smiley:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Looks like from your email to me this morning we’re going to install Dream TV first and then Multichoice Africa at a later date.

See you on Thursday :smiley:[/quote]
So you mean to say we’re gonna have Tri Nations Rugby coverage in Taoyuan? AWESOME.

[quote=“truant”][quote=“Satellite TV”]Looks like from your email to me this morning we’re going to install Dream TV first and then Multichoice Africa at a later date.

So you mean to say we’re gonna have Tri Nations Rugby coverage in Taoyuan? AWESOME.[/quote]

If Australia can win their next 2 games against SA then the Aus NZ clashes are going to be something special.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“truant”][quote=“Satellite TV”]Looks like from your email to me this morning we’re going to install Dream TV first and then Multichoice Africa at a later date.

So you mean to say we’re gonna have Tri Nations Rugby coverage in Taoyuan? AWESOME.[/quote]

If Australia can win their next 2 games against SA then the Aus NZ clashes are going to be something special.[/quote]
If NZ is playing, it’s always something special mate. Even the Lions supporters think so…

If NZ is playing, it’s always something special mate. Even the Lions supporters think so…[/quote]

They ought to after their recent thrashings… scoring only 3 tries against the Kiwis in 3 tests… not good.

Whoops, waaaaaaay OT. Sorry Jake. :blush:

It’d be cool if we also got some directions to get to Jake’s new place. Public or otherwise :slight_smile:

[quote=“Jake”]Jake’s Sports Cafe opening this weekend, July 16,17
Tel: 03-333-1732, 333-3650, 0926886205 Jake, 0920787266 Charles
Our business hours are 4:oopm-4:00am (M-F) and 12pm-4:00am
( Sat.,Sun)

I’ll get a map in the next few days. E-mail me for it or check this thread out again.[/quote]

I reckon it shouldn’t be too hard to find. Call Charles if you speak Chinese and he will give you the directions.

Dear Jake’s Sports Cafe, if you keep beers like Corona at 100NT and put some dance-able music on after 11:30pm I can guarantee you crowds on weekend evenings. Do you accept the challenge?

Just my point of view, but I think the concepts of a true sports pub and dance music are somewhat incompatible. Also, a lot of the live events are on late nights, which would cause conflict between would-be dancers and sports viewers. A sports bar is a simple thing, really: Good selection of beers on tap, lots of screens, live sports and good company.

here are some maps. (Jake, let me know if I got it wrong)

Jake’s Sports Cafe

It is an excellent Taoyuan HH location as it is approx 30min scooterable from Taipei and is right on the main Taoyuan-Taipei Road.

There’s also an excellent restaurant located practically next door.

did a trip on the bicycle to see … and didn’t see. maybe i missed it :slight_smile: which restaurant is it next to - there are two there. one is (was) italian, and the other is on the corner.

i pray that if there is dancing etc. on, that it will be separate from the area to watch sports. everything worth watching comes on after 10 pm, and there will likely be conflict.

is there going to be a regular kitchen, and if so what kind of food? be nice to have a change from M&L for decent western grub. but be even nicer to see a hockey game one day …

[quote=“xtrain_01”]did a trip on the bicycle to see … and didn’t see. maybe i missed it :slight_smile: which restaurant is it next to - there are two there. one is (was) Italian, and the other is on the corner.

i pray that if there is dancing etc. on, that it will be separate from the area to watch sports. everything worth watching comes on after 10 pm, and there will likely be conflict.

is there going to be a regular kitchen, and if so what kind of food? be nice to have a change from M&L for decent western grub. but be even nicer to see a hockey game one day …[/quote]

If my map reading isn’t way off, it’s located real close to what you guys refer to as “the Hakka restaurant…” which, incidentally would make a fine place for a happy hour as well. Got a feeling this pub was in existence before and has undergone a change in ownership and theme. I may have been to it before.

Toasty,

I owe you a six pack for setting up the map. It’s perfect. Thnaks.

Now, please teach me how to do that when we meet.

The bar has bright red signs that says “Rum Bar” in English. That’s not the name to our bar, but, we haven’t changed it yet. We figure that we’ll do that later. You see, all our money went into the audio visual equipments, brand new AC, frig…etc.

The location is small, just around 17 pings. We have a 42" plasma Tv over the bar, a projector on one side and a 29" Tv on the other side.
We’re looking to add another plasma Tv within 30 days.

Our AC is a standing unit that’s suitable for 30 pings. We’ll have the bar nice and cold. We have a big double door frig, like at 7-11, that’s going to keep the beer cold and have ice chest behind the bar to ice down the beer.

Now, this is the crazy part, we’re also installing an AC, for 4-5 ping, in the restroom that about 1/2 of a ping. We intend to keep the restroom clean and cold, with air flowing out the vent. No odor at all…I hope.

I had a bar in Tien Mou 10 years ago, next to the Pig. It’s called the Green Bar. It’s still around. It was and still is a favorite watering hole for expats in that area. I hoping to create the same results this time around.

July 13th is my birthday, and we’re going to open for a few hours.
Call me( 0926886205) and come by to check it out. I teach English in Chungli until 9:30 and will be at the bar by 10:00. But, my partner, Charles, will be there from the afternoon.

As for the kitchen, we have a kitchen space but, as of now, no equipment. So,please bare with us for a while and let us sort it out.
We’re getting a fryer, so we’ll have the usual greasy bar food.

Our prices will be reasonable and will for sure, be one of the lower ones in Taoyuan.

Now, this is the plan for now…

Happy Hour everyday from opening to 10pm, 100Nt beer and most mixed drinks…like rum and coke, gin tonic…etc.

After that, most drink prices will around 130Nt to 150Nt.

Music…we’ll see what most people want. I personally like mid-80’s and classic rock. We’re going to use online radio stations for our music. So, if your favorite hometown radio station can be heard online. Let me know and we’ll find time to play it. BTW, isn’t there an online radio station that’s catering to English listeners in Taiwan because of the poor programming at ICRT? What do you guys think about that.

Events… Sports events will be first, than concerts and other big events that are shown on cable, staellite TV.

We’re also installing wireless internet conncetion for free. So, bring your computer and surf the net.

We’re setting up an exchange library and bulletin boards.

We’re looking into order some international magazines and newspaper for our customers. What kind of magazine do you want to read regularly?

We’re trying to make Jake’s sports Cafe a home away form home and everyone’s view counts.

[quote=“Jake”]Toasty,

I owe you a six pack for setting up the map. It’s perfect. Thnaks.

Now, please teach me how to do that when we meet.[/quote]

er… :astonished:, normally i’d let it go, but if there’s beer at stake…

but, no problem Jake. :smiley: