Jammed Palm Pilot

My palm pilot will not work. Basically it will not respond to any touch on the pad. I have tried resetting without success. Any ideas how to get it working again?

Thanks.

Have you tried a “hard” reset? (All the data will be erased of course.)

How do you do this?

It probably varies from model to model. Check out:

palmone.com/us/support/

OH!

And make sure that’s what you really want to do. Everything will be gone after that.

As Miltownkid said, it probably varies from model to model. On my m125, I have to press in the reset pin, hold it then press the power button then the up arrow or something.

You’ll be able to restore your data, provided that it’s all in the Palm desktop on your PC. But I would make a backup copy of the user data folder BEFORE you synchronise, just in case. Go to the “Palm” folder on your computer. Inside that, find the folder that has something like your name or your username. Copy that and paste onto the destop or some other memorable location.

Also keep in mind that if you set things up the default way, syncing to your desktop only backs up your data, not your programs.

Did a hard reset and still the pad does not respond to the touch.

Hey Mucha man. I don’t know if this is the exact problem you are having, but it sounds like you might soon be getting desperate. This MIGHT be of use…
http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/digifix.shtml

Also found this…
palminfo.com/read.html?postid=141&replies=4

Can you tell us which palm/OS you have?

Hotsyncing with Palm Desktop 4.01 seems to be backing up programs. I often have to do a hard reset as my m125 goes screwy when I change the batteries. I sometimes have to remove the user data folder and reinstall programs manually, one by one, as omitting this step reinstalls all the programs together with all the glitches.

Thanks for the link! Don’t know if it will help MM but it could certainly help me. One of the screwy things my m125 does is connected with the digitiser.

Does it not respond to ANY touch or is the calibration just way off? My Palm V suddenly developed a severe mis-calibration problem after I installed keyboard drivers.

Basically, I would have to tap about 1cm below and to the right, which meant I couldn’t get to the calibration menu. DigiFix didn’t work for me but Recal http://www.schau.com/p/recal/index.html worked just fine.

MuchaMan: Are you sure you did a hard rest? Did it ask you if you wanted to erase all your data? If it didn’t, it was just a soft reset. If you did and it’s still not responding to any touches, you may have a dead digitizer…

I did a hard reset and it still will not respond to any touch, anywhere. I’ll check out some of the links today.

Hello, did you find a solution and still remember it? I have the same problem, but almost 20 years later. ;-D

4 posts were split to a new topic: From bricked palm