Janet Hsieh, Fun Taiwan TV Host

Her Facebook page:

http://zh-tw.facebook.com/janethsiehonline

Her Facebook page:

http://zh-tw.facebook.com/janethsiehonline[/quote]
She’ll add you as a “friend”, but she doesn’t easily, if ever, answer messages or even her posts. But worth a shot.

If you’re involved in the media somehow, it may be better to just try and get hold of her agent.

In other words, “Have your people talk to her people.” :sunglasses:

In other words, “Have your people talk to her people.” :sunglasses:[/quote]
Something like that! :smiley:

How do you say…“Restraining Order” in Taiwanese?.. :whistle:

Ingratiating and annoying? That’s quite a feat. How is that even possible? Is it a Zen thing?

Or, perchance, are you unaware of what the word “ingratiating” means? Were you thinking that her personality was “grating,” perhaps, and got that mixed up with the word “ingratiating,” which means pleasant and agreeable?[/quote]

Since you are such a wordsmith, I am surprised, perchace that you are unaware that “ingratiating” could also mean “calculated to please or win favor.” To describe Janet Hsieh as ingratiating, and annoying makes perfect sense, yes, even in a un-Zen-like way, when referring to the manner of her TV persona.

I have met Janet briefly in person. She’s not even remotely as gregarious and understandably guarded, and rather plain and un-glamorous, with really flat and stringy hair. No doubt she might have been more open if I had told her that I were a fan. Yes, it’s just an act she is paid to play on TV.

Her Facebook page:

http://zh-tw.facebook.com/janethsiehonline[/quote]
She’ll add you as a “friend”, but she doesn’t easily, if ever, answer messages or even her posts. But worth a shot.

If you’re involved in the media somehow, it may be better to just try and get hold of her agent.[/quote]

Yeah, I got in touch with her agent already. Things seem to be moving in the right direction. :bow:

Fuck me! She’s just acting? On television, of all places? :astonished:

I don’t know her, and I’ve never met her. I have no opinion re her show, because I’ve never watched it. But, are you kidding me? You don’t know her, but met her briefly, and she wasn’t super friendly to you… she must be a bitch!

:unamused:

Well said Tigerman, I ain’t a big fan of Janet’s shows but the amount of vitriol she attracts is pretty amazing. Well not so amazing if you consider how much the of the Taiwanese advertising market she seems to take, her face is everywhere and on everything!

Who cares if she’s a bitch? She has STRINGY HAIR!!!
And “guarded?” Gosh almighty! I can’t IMAGINE why that would be!
Christ, but there are some REAL special people out there in Intarweb land!

:hand: Not just STRINGY; FLAT AND STRINGY!

This does change things. :ponder:

I know that I previously stood up for Janet, but with this new information, I’m afraid I’m gonna hafta go over to the other side . . . at least until she straightens out this hair problem. :neutral:

Watching Janet in Hsinchu country right now visiting Atayal Tribe and talking about Hakka culture.

PLEASE QUIT talking like a 9 year old girl when you talk in English!!! And say something sensible about the culture. How long have you been here? At least read up on or get some experience before just showing up and talking.

Talk normal, normal voice, normal conversation.

You will drive people from other countries crazy if you talk like a little kid to adults. GOD please QUIT TALKING LIKE THAT.

Oh, I feel it again… I have stumbled upon a channel and hear that voice, my body violently shakes and I fall off the couch and lay here twitching until someone can come by and change the channel again… I need to start changing channels with the volume muted so as not to accidently injure myself if no one is home.

Oh, and quit using that fish eye lens. Does anyone else use it anywhere on any travel show? No, because it gives an even more extremely bizarre picture. Difficult to even watch. Does anyone really watch an entire episode of this show?

You’re just jealous because you’re not her Facebook friend. :raspberry:

I unfriended her.

I unfriended her.[/quote]
You nasty little fascist! You REALLY don’t understand Taiwanese culture! :no-no:

You, me, and 57,454 other people. :laughing:

I unfriended her.[/quote]
You nasty little fascist! You REALLY don’t understand Taiwanese culture! :no-no:[/quote]

I had to, I couldn’t stand seeing all your comments on her wall. :raspberry:

read her biography, she can speak a dozen languages fluent, has two master degrees and worked as a model in the US. I don’t really like her either, she is way too skinny but she is apparently a pretty smart person. Of course she has rich parents, so everything was easier in her childhood like going to good unis and learning all these instruments and languages…

To be perfectly honest. I couldn’t care less. She smiles, does no harm to anyone, has nothing to do with me, therefor no problem in my world.

Her character appeals to her intended audience, which isn’t us. She does a very good job of attracting and holding local audiences, and she likely makes a lot more than most of us. Personally, I don’t like the shows–either the current format, or ones previous to it. But, I’m sure the show wasn’t made for me.