Janet Hsieh, Fun Taiwan TV Host

I’m gonna change from “Not like anymore” back to “Like”. I think she’s OK, talked to her once. Her passion for Taiwan travel seemed genuine. Watching her hosting that game show, I think she did a decent job. She didn’t seem to mind not being the center of attention during that show, which was cool. Actually I think she was a bright spot in this show, which I think was made way to complicate to follow. Too many challenges, too many gadgets (like using GPS), pointless challenges (like grabbing mud in a mud pool; what was the point of that?), unattractive contestants (some of them even admitting cheating during the hot spring contest). That show could have easily been made much better. They should have made it easier to follow and they should have done a better job of presenting the unique aspects of Taiwan (mud grabbing? :doh: ) Of course, that’s not Janet’s fault, unless she’s part of the planning team.

And that folks…is the bottom line on
JANET!

Thank You 80sStar… :bravo:

Janet Hsieh is one of those people who belong to everyone and no one. If she treats you nice, it’s nothing special, because she’s like that to everyone. To me, that’s fake and superficial. It means nothing. She’s just a happy go lucky girl with a pretty face. What’s so special about that?

This makes no sense at all. What are you saying here? Is she faking the being nice, or is she happy-go-lucky? Or do you just have no clue what you are talking about?

You know? Behind that public persona there might lurk a real personality. Just because you are not her BF don’t think she doesnt have one.

Her TV persona is intensely irritating to anyone other than Taiwanese, that is the simple point.

Sure she is nice, or educated, or kind of cute, but as a TV host, quite abrasive, to anyone outside of Taiwan.

The planning team? You mean the copying team. That show was a total rip-off of the Amazing Race, and she was no Phil Keoghan.

She’s a good girl, she’s just over-exposed.

She doesn’t have the chops to maintain her current level of exposure. She is not funny, creative, witty or interesting enough for us to see her as much as we do, and she doesn’t have the ‘model fundamentals’ for us to see her promote as many products as she does. It is inevitable that she will irk people.

You gotta give her credit, she has squeezed more mileage out of her celebrity than almost anyone not named Kardashian.

She’s quite possibly the most successful foreigner to be working in Taiwan, but I’m sure she’s very interested to hear our advice on how she could . . . well, be as low down the ladder as most of us are. Keep those life tips coming, guys! For those of you irked by her success, the best I can suggest is to be more like her. :2cents:

Exactly.

And this 37 page thread is just so %#cking bizarre, at least for someone like me who doesn’t watch any television. Now, quick, where is that submit button? I’m outta here! :laughing:

That is such a horseshit response (sorry to be blunt but it really is). She is a public figure, a result of her being ‘quite possibly the most successful foreigner to be working in Taiwan’ ergo-facto people are going to criticize her and say things about her that people friendly with her (like I assume you are) might not want to hear, but as long as she is a public figure and earning a living as such she is open season for the media and messagebaord hacks such as the posters in this thread (myself very much included, especially the hack part).

No one in this thread is jealous, or ‘irked’ by her success as no one in this thread is a female, young-adult overseas Chinese returning back to their native Taiwan to make it on TV, so why would they be? People simply find her annoying as a TV host and over-exposed as a spokesperson. Does that mean she is a bad person? No. But should we all not comment on her very public work because we are ‘low down the ladder’? Fuck no.

You seem irked.

You really have no read on this topic and the responses do you?

You really have no read on this topic and the responses do you?[/quote]

Some posts are more difficult to read than others.

Scousers do it, too.

In my opinion, Janet is at worst harmless and at best a good role model for young girls. I’d rather that my daughter wanted to grow up to be like the TV persona Janet plays than be some uber-cutey in a girl band.

Scousers do it, too.

[/quote]
and Mancs

And Irish…haha

I just have four words to say about this:

“I love this post.” :bravo: