๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต ๐Ÿ›‚ Japan | My experience applying for Japan e-visa for tour purposes

E-VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE

I just want to document and share my experiences about my Japan e-visa application.

For context, I am an ARC holder and a passport holder from a country that needs tourist visa to enter Japan. In June 2023, the Japanese government allowed Taiwan residents (foreigners included) to apply for tourist visa electronically. I would recommend this to people who need a travel visa asap, or simply donโ€™t have time to submit their application personally at the representative office. You can apply for e-visa here.

Timeline:

• Oct 10 - submitted online
  • Oct 11 - received confirmation; they needed additional document
  • Oct 12 - issued
    Turn-around: FAQ says normal processing takes 5 days. In my case, it couldโ€™ve been quick as 1 day, had I submitted the application on a working day and attached the complete set of documents.
    Requirements submittied: Passport (including the most recent entry stamp), schedule of Stay, proof of financial capacity, flight itinerary, passport-size photo, proof of residency
    Fee: Free.

Notes:

• The E-visa can only be issued for tourist, single entry, short-term purposes (15 days). The visa is only valid for 3 months.
  • If youโ€™re staying longer or prefer to have a multiple entry visa, you can apply using the normal visa process (Taipei Office, Kaohsiung Office)
  • Visa-exempt passport holders, of course, need not to apply for e-visa
3 Likes

Interesting. Are you aware of any other countries offering similar benefits to ARC holders?