Japanese kitchen essentials?

In Taipei for the week. Looking to buy kitchen essentials that are Made in Japan. (Salad tongs, garlic press, rice paddle, etc). Any idea where I can find these?

1 Like

Where are you from? I’m a cheapskate, but I have the impression that physical stores here tend to gauge customers quite a lot for the higher-end imported stuff.

I’m not sure whether you have the time or inclination to order online (Shopee, Momo, etc.), but if it were me I’d be tempted to at least look online to get an idea of prices and compare them with physical stores and what the stuff would cost online in your home country (which might well be cheaper than physical stores here).

You could also look at Don Don Donki (I think that’s pretty cheap) and larger baking supply stores (which often have imported Japanese stuff).

Department stores usually have a Japanese housewares store somewhere in them. The one upstairs in Mingyao has a good kitchenware selection.

And Poya, lots of Japanese products huge variety similar to bring in Japan store.

2 Likes

There’s Daiso, too.

2 Likes

Most baking stores carry the Japanese cookware at a better price than other outlets.

Look for stores that import directly from Japan. This is one of them:

1 Like

Lots of stuff with Japanese printed all over it but is actually made in China…

Why specifically Japanese?

Muji and Nitori.

2 Likes

Hanshin has items like the flagship store in Osaka, though not cheap but real Japan made.

Daiso

1 Like

These are good but many items made not in Japan