Jeremy Lin...Bringing the MSG to MSG

I knew it was a matter of time before something like this happened.

aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 … d%3D136132

Racist or not? Your call. :ponder:

Its good fun.

Let me put it in this context. If Asians are going to LOVE Jeremy Lin strictly because he is Asian (and of course doing well, but the hype would be much less among Asians if it was Iman Shumpert doing the team-turnaround heroics) than the fanbase in general can also have a little fun because he is Asian.

Anyone who thinks this is racist, yet happens to be Asian and wasn’t a Knicks fan until this week is a hypocrite.

Monday morning at 2am. Good luck finding a a sports bar staying open.

Actually, I find it harder to believe a bar open at 8am, and yet, there are… and filled with locals, to boot! I remember they had similar showings for the Cup, seems no biggie if they want to cash in. Though it is a Monday… :ponder:

In other news, I keep reading we should enjoy Lin’s success now, as it will be brief, since his injured teammates and the other star player with the family tragedy will come back to play soon. All analysts have said that will stop the winning streak, different rhythms and playstyles and such.

Not everybody, here’s one:

cbssports.com/nba/story/1728 … sappointed

I can see what he’s saying, NY sports is not very friendly to prima donnas, and you’d have to be a huge one not to want to make a team effort to maybe make something happen in the post season in NY basketball for a change.

I’m expecting a busy spring at MSG personally :slight_smile: Linsanity and Lundsanity!

pure awesomeness.

Here you go. If you are willing to stay up late videoland sports (channel 72) will air the game live at 2AM Monday.

sport.videoland.com.tw/chn/jc.asp

she killed the winning streak and caused J LIn to have nine turnovers!!

Straight up.

I met 3 Taipei girls randomly at a Koala Sanctuary in Australia today and they made a point of telling me that Jeremy Lin is not Taiwanese and is American.

Oh lawd, ESPN used “Chink in the Armor” as a caption for a photograph in reference to Lin’s 9 turnovers.

jimromenesko.com/2012/02/18/really-espn/

It’s those nine turnovers. What an incredible loss of face for all Taiwan. :neutral:
I blame Palin.

And they fired the iijit who wrote that, and suspended the newscaster who repeated it…

In other news, another Linsanity win last night -so sleepy, zzzzz- even though enthusiasm seemed to fizzle after Saturday’s ooopsy.

Yep, big win over Dallas at home. A key game for re-establishing momentum.

Online bookie odds on the Knicks in the post-season well down over the last few days.

Wow, they fired the guy? That’s a pretty big deviation from what ESPN usually does when one of its dumbass employees says something stupid. I’d rather they fire Whitlock for that lameass joke insinuating Lin’s penis is tiny, if they’re going to fire anyone.

This is pretty crazy how well Lin is doing. I thought for sure the Knicks would lose today.

Edit: Just realized Whitlock works for Fox Sports. Still hope he gets fired.

I was impressed with the Knicks’ win today. I thought Dallas would have an answer for Linsanity, but Lin seems legit. I loved his 3-pointer over Nowitzki…and I’m a Mavs fan.

I can understand the hype in Taiwan. It’s a great story no matter where you’re from (everyone loves a good underdog story), and when has Taiwan ever been able to “claim” anyone in the NBA, however tenuously? I did read that Lin had to ask that the rabid media in Taiwan give his family here some privacy. Apparently they are being hounded by reporters and photographers wanting another angle on the Linderella story. Not cool.

I hope he can keep it up. I can’t imagine the pressure he’s under to perform. He seems like a sensible, down-to-earth guy, though, so maybe he won’t let it go to his head.

Just saw a happy New Yorker on the tube:

“Jeremy Lin is so humble, just a great person, god bless him, and thanks, special blessings to Taiwan, thanks to Taiwan, and uh…bridging gaps…bringing the world together… unity, through basketball”

Is he Taiwanese or Chinese…?

Just Kiddin. Stop Raging!
God, you people are sensitive!

Now this is really reaching annoying levels. I was trying to see the weather report this morning, and since ther eis a game -going on right now- well, half an hour later all was Lin, Lin, Lin. His fame has been cemented with teh future coming of “Lin crediut card”. His face will grace local credit cards. I couldn’t help though that the guy’s Chinese is limited, and they just realized that now. :doh: He was raised in the States, for pete’s sake! cut the guy some slack!

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/%E5%BE%9E%E6%9E%97%E6%9B%B8%E8%B1%AA%E7%8F%BE%E8%B1%A1%E8%AB%87%E9%9B%86%E9%AB%94%E8%87%AA%E6%85%B0%E7%97%87%E5%80%99%E7%BE%A4-162332339.html

A good common sense piece about this national psychosis regarding the NBA kid’s recent showings.