Jeremy Lin destroys Kenyon Martin over comments on his dreadlocks

maybe leave the legit ones to the Rastafarians then. durian locks are not a good look.

Or a good smell, Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Put them together and they look like Ernie and Bert.

You know there are Asian Rastas, right? A bunch in Japan, and I think a few here.

Asians joining a back to Africa religious movement? I guess that works on a long enough historical timeline.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, most Asians canā€™t pull off dreadlocks naturally as their hair just arenā€™t curly enough. So most of the time they use hair extension to pull off the look. Although some Asian Pacific people have curly enough hair to sport the look with their own hair. Some people have hair too curly to grow to the length to be braided, as the hair would snap after growing to a certain length. For them they would still need hair extensions to pull off the look.

Other famous East Asians with the dreadlocks look:

Kenyon Martin had the crappest tatoo on him.
ę‚£å¾—ę‚£å¤±
Thatā€™s the weirdist Chinese idiom to put on your skin.

I feel sorry for Jeremy Lin. I truely do.
Heā€™s 100% American, went to Harvard, and became an NBA star. And look what he has got until now.

Anyway, I stop watching American sports or movies.
They donā€™t get a penny from me anymore.

Endless gorillions of dollars?

1 Like

I think the person who made Martinā€™s tatoo was a uneducated Chinese-American.

Iā€™ve seen so many Chinese-Americans who speak neither Mandarin nor English properly.
They made horrible mistakes no matter what language they use. Itā€™s just unbelievably bad.
Yet, they have green cards and citizenships.

On the other hand, I , who speak both language well, got a passport of a country which no other countries recognize.

So youā€™re saying the countries that actually do recognize Taiwan arenā€™t countries? That seems a little harsh.

FIFY

1 Like

Oh, so we should all demand citizenship from every country whose language(s) we speak?

With all the English speaking countries out there, there are just sooo many passports to collect! :desert_island: :rainbow: :grinning:

If we could go back a thousand years, I think you would find dreadlocks were the norm in many places on the globe until you could cut them offā€¦

So, on topic, does Jamaica count as English speaking??

The Jamaican dude wore blue bras?

There are only 20 of them.

Better than zero. Whereā€™s the gratitude?

Exactly.

The only context this idiom will possibly appear is 做äŗŗäøč¦ę‚£å¾—ę‚£å¤±
Donā€™t worry too much about not getting what you want or losing what you have.

As you can see, itā€™s usually used after ā€œDonā€™tā€, so itā€™s by no means a positive idiom.

I really think Martinā€™s tatoo was from some Chinese-Americans who master neither Chinese nor English.

Iā€™d take that bet. You see an incredible amount of bad Chinese tattoos in the US. This anecdotal evidence suggests that the average American tattooist has cleverly figured out how to do them.

What do you mean? Heā€™s well respected in the league. Professional athletes naturally get haters. But guys in the league know heā€™s a veteran player who can play. He might not be an all star but heā€™s a capable player. Top 30 guard in the world right now easily.

I know.
People make fun of LeBron James for he acts like a crying baby on the court. Or, people make fun of Shaquille Oā€™Nealā€™s free throws. Thatā€™s common and part of the game.

But Jeremy Lin was the only one who got made fun of for being a Chinese-American. Every mockery and joke is about his ethnicity. Nothing about his performance or characteristic on the court.