Jimipresley is heading back home

First Dragonbones, now jp. This is very hard to take. Marc, aka jimipresley, is dying of liver failure. According to Funk500, he’s delirious and not making total sense, but it’s still possible to talk to him. I’m going over later today, will report back.
jp detested “thoughts and prayers”, especially the prayers part, but I am thinking about him now. He was one of the most passionate supporters of forumosa (and of me) and I miss him already.
Fuck. :confounded:

57 Likes

This is terrible news. I’ve been wondering since I haven’t seen him on here in months.

5 Likes

That’s sad to hear, I was wondering what happened to him recently.

5 Likes

Yeah, the word has gotten out. Jimbo stopped responding to my flob wellness checks a while back. I figured this was coming. :expressionless:

May he leave with the silent will and soulful clarity of Christopher Hitchens, patron saint of godless curmudgeons. :innocent:

I have so few public encounters with him that were memorable but we developed a kind and respectful PM friendship in the past few years which I value deeply, and I am in possession of THE best Jimi Presley anecdote EVER and I will cherish it until my time is up.

Goodbye Jimbo. Smooth sailing.

I wish your wife the very best. :cry:

10 Likes

Consistent to the end! The grumpy old bugger lived life to the full, and I hope at least he doesn’t have any regrets about his regrets.

It seems like we’ve lost three of the people who really made fm what it is - Shiadoa, Dragonbones, and now Jimi. :frowning:

14 Likes

His crusty curmudgeonry will be missed. One of a kind. :salute:

9 Likes

I’m on the fence about posting Eagles songs. I keep hearing , “Just don’t; no one will get it.” :laughing:

Is he at home or in the hospital? Anyone know?

Hospital

3 Likes

He’s not gone yet anyway.

4 Likes

I had a drink with the man a few times. He was a real livewire, for sure.

Terribly sad news. I recall him saying that he loved this song:

10 Likes

He is my favorite poster on the entire forum going back more than 15 years. Really balanced out all you other curmudgeons. :beers:

6 Likes

The 3am posts were some of the best I’ve ever read.

4 Likes

Man was a legend. Plus he was a fellow Fulham supporter. :cry:

3 Likes

…on multiple continents.

he’s delirious and not making total sense, but it’s still possible to talk to him

Yep, that’s Jimi.

7 Likes

Oh dear. As if 2023 has not been miserable enough already . . .

@jimipresley I have not met you face-to-face but I feel I have met you through your candid posting about everything under the sun: the joys of enjoying a curry, the wretchedness of Hong Kong, the travails of everyday life here in Taiwan . . .

I very much hope you are not yet leaving us. Life here would not be the same without you.

Guy

16 Likes

Keep fightin Jim. Your a good guy

The mistakes in that sentence will get him going.

27 Likes

I just came from the hospital. He was crystal clear about who I was and our relationship, but in other ways he’s not really lucid. He’s obviously not well, but he doesn’t seem to be in pain right now.
I’ll keep you guys posted if there are any developments.

33 Likes

Jimi…I locked horns with him a few times over trivial disagreements I’ve long forgotten about. I can’t say I was friends with him, but I respected him. He was honest, he didn’t sugarcoat what he felt. And sometimes that pissed people off (including myself) but you always knew where he stood. That’s increasingly rare in today’s world, and the forum will be lesser for his leaving. I hope he goes easy and surrounded by friends and loved ones.

(I’m sure if he’s reading this he’s muttering “oh bugger off ffs!”)

15 Likes

I hope parts of his liver is still healthy enough for regeneration for a partial hepatectomy. Hope jimi will see a full recovery.

4 Likes

My sad album is just fucking awesome.