Job offers!

Yes, I think I am going to take it. Really did not want to go to Korea. My brother married a Taiwanese girl who is there visiting now, so I will have some help when I arrive. Should be interesting! Thanks!

Oh yeah: what’s your nationality? Sorry to ask this, but if you’re French I’m obliged to report you to the authorities.

I’m American Jimi, you ball buster! I am half French on my dads side, but thankfully take after my Irish mom! haha

Why does this matter?
I’d tell people here that my parents are Taliban if that was of any use.

Why does this matter?
I’d tell people here that my parents are Taliban if that was of any use.[/quote]
I’m sorry. I don’t recall asking you a question. Apologies for my selfishness. :blush:

You two stop flirting! This thread is supposed to be about me!!! :laughing:

Quite right. I’m going to give you a really important piece of advice now, blackcat. There is an incredible source that will answer all of your questions in great detail. His knowledge of Taiwan, teaching, etc. is unparalleled. Look up the chief and send him a PM. MAKE SURE you tell him that you’re French. He’s extremely disdainful of anything/anybody that’s not French.

Yeah!
And you are half French.
Which half? The left brain or the right brain?
I think French people are very popular in Taiwan. And every time an American opens his mouth and emits something intellectual, it’s most likely of French origin.
Always point this out when being questioned about this.

Yeah!
And you are half French.
Which half? The left brain or the right brain?
I think French people are very popular in Taiwan. And every time an American opens his mouth and emits something intellectual, it’s most likely of French origin.
Always point this out when being questioned about this.[/quote]

I am just joking Hamlet, no worries. I live in the state of Maine in the US where there is a large population of French. Being the most popular minority, us French get picked on a lot, … so we can either laugh about it or get angry. I try not to take life too seriously so I try the former. I have a very French last name, so I am sure I will have people asking where I am from when I arrive. Thanks for your help.

Only thing with English Village…easy, but boring as you can imagine. Just heard this from quite a few people that went there.

Yeah, thats what I thought puppet. I am just using it as a starting point. After I get my feet wet, get used to the new culture, and figure out where I want to go from there we’ll see. I do like the fact that it is a fairly secure position, from what I have read, and the pay is decent. Thanks for your input, it helps!