Job seeking visa - can it be applied for a second time?

I entered Taiwan 4 months ago on a job-seeking visa, not sure if I will get a suitable job by the end of the six-month period. Can we apply for another 6 months? I know foreigners that graduate from Taiwan varsities can apply for the job seeking visa on a 6 months + 6 months basis. What about non-Taiwan graduates? Any one knows?

1 Like

Contact immigration

Yes

2 Likes

Yes means it can be extended a second time? That’s good news. I’ll still go to the Labour department to find out for sure

Eventually I’ll go to the Labour department to ask. It’ll good to know if it’s possible

I mean, this is the response to any questions regarding visas or legal stuff here. You are frankly unwise to put it to the peanut gallery, before going straight to the source, considering the importance

Isn’t it immigration you need to go to?

1 Like

isn’t it boca the op needs to go to?

i guess you can reapply. not extend.

Could be! I’d be surprised if it’s the labor department though.

Go to Immigration and tell them you is still looking and you’re enjoying all the night markets and the temples and all the old buildings and the swans on the river at night. They might ask you to put it in a wee letter but they’ll give you an extra six months.

4 Likes

Good advice. They should mention the delicious food also. Extra points if they can keep a straight face while doing so.

3 Likes

My understanding it the job seeking visa is for upto 6 months. Then can’t reapply for it again until after 3 years.

Article 11
A foreign professional who plans to engage in professional work in the State, and who needs a long period to seek employment, may apply to an overseas mission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the issuance of a six-month visitor visa, valid for three months, for multiple entry, to stay for up to a maximum period of six months.
A person who obtains a visitor visa under the provisions of the preceding paragraph may not reapply for a visitor visa under the same provisions within three years starting from the date of expiry of the total time limit for their stay.
Act for the Recruitment and Employment of Foreign Professionals - Article Search/Content Search Result - Laws & Regulations Database of The Republic of China (Taiwan)

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-158-4158-09d5a-2.html

The rule for foreign graduates comes under a different law and its not a job seeking visa they get but rather a job seeking ARC extension.

Of course always best to check with BOCA / NIA.

Food is good, food is good. Tai chi in the parks too…

2 Likes

And the people are so nice!

1 Like

Thanks for all the input here.
Looks like I’d better be prepared for the worst. I’ll still go to the Immigration Department to ask for sure (Yes, Immigration Department)