Joe Bidens 2023 State of the union address

Starts 10am Taiwan time

Edit/ OK that’s that, it was OK, not much interest in the guy who got 81 million votes with zero posts on this thread so far.

1 Like

do you even like Joe Biden? I think you really hate Joe Biden?

I can’t think of many politicians I like, in the US or elsewhere.

Why? Do you have a picture of him on your wall?

Edit/ Just to note you came to the thread not to add a comment about the SOTU address, but to discuss me. You guys never change.

2 Likes

Painfully obvious to anyone what really happened in 2020…

Also it’s hard to understand half what he mumbles and slurs through, prefer to wait for CNN’s cleaned-up transcript

1 Like

Yeah well, I meant it was OK by Joe Bidens standard, at least he didn’t try to be too divisive. I’ll give him credit for that.

1 Like

Most people don’t, apparently.

1 Like

If he wants to run again, he’s probably hoping for Trump again!

2 Likes

They gotta stop dragging in grieving parents as props to these things.

6 Likes

I agree with that :+1:

I actually went looking for the bit where he starts yelling, what’s he trying to say here “name me a world leader who changed places with Xi Jing Ping?” What does that mean?

https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/status/1623158551635009538

1 Like

slurry, but pretty clear with context he’s trying to say: “Name me a world leader who’d change places with Xi Jinping”
democracies stronger, autocracies weaker, so what world leader would switch places with Xi?

2 Likes

Feeling some heat between the first and second spouses… :fire:

1 Like

Apparently, 19 “folks” in tonight’s SOTU.

1 Like

Putting the local politics aside for a moment:

I like that he’s taunting Xi.

The US took down the Chinese Spy balloon, and now China’s Generals are refusing to communicate with US Generals on the event.

And on that backdrop we have Biden going in front of the World (because that’s what this really about) taunting Xi Jinping’s position as an authoritarian and suggesting nobody on earth would want to trade places with Xi — this is Xi losing face on the world stage. This is a major insult to Xi and his gang of thugs.

6 Likes

I agree with all of this.

I also think it was a brilliant move to get the most extremist Republican representatives to essentially go on record (shouting on camera) denying that they will try to gut SS and Medicare. Now they have the choice of either proving him wrong or being outed as liars— either way it’s a loss for them and a win for the country.

I’m not the biggest Biden fan, but he did well overall here as far as I can see.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s his MO. Fire people up and then yell at them.

He kept referring to the fringe GOP and then saying not ALL of you. And then the crazy lady started flapping her lip face.

Nice to know oil will be around for ten more years.

MTG led a few of the outbursts. She’s a lying qanon troll who gives no fucks about lying about any topic, never mind “being outed” - everybody knows she’s a liar, she embraces it, cultivates it for publicity, and her constituents don’t care. Ogles seems to largely be of the same mold. I didn’t immediately recognize the others who shouted.

2 Likes

There should be more shouting. This whole SOTU thing has become a campaign speech anyway. I think it should be a costume ball with edible gummy pot Pooh bears.

2 Likes

You’re probably right. I still think it’s smart to out the worst of the lunatics in the bright spotlight and let them make fools of themselves. Give ‘em enough rope.