John Cena, Apologizing to China

And making himself an absolute laughing stock in the process. Epic fail!

1 Like

What the?

No love for Xi, love for Chinese money. That’s the reason the whole world is not batting an eye for the Uygur stuff and all. Money money money money. Chinese are the biggest consumers especially of designer branding and entertainment.

2 Likes

He has been learning for at least 4 years with a tutor so it is crap.

This is about who funded the film and money.

Just another example of China being a bully.

Move on don’t give it attention.

He really doesn’t care.

It’s a coincidence that the actor who speaks some Chinese made the ‘mistake’, resulting in the CCP being able to ram home that Taiwan isn’t a country and at the same time generating loads of free publicity for the movie.

1 Like

The CCP is betting on our silence. We need to speak up.

3 Likes

One thing local EFL teachers can do: every time some elementary or junior high student mentions how much they love John Cena, respond with “John Cena doesn’t think Taiwan is a country, do you agree?”

4 Likes

Has anybody ever heard anybody say the words “I love John Cena”?

2 Likes

Not often you get Keith Olbermann and Tom Cotton on the same page, but calling Cena “pathetic” seems to hit that rare bipartisan sweet spot.

6 Likes

John Cena’s mom, maybe?

https://babylonbee.com/news/john-cena-apologizes-to-china-by-body-slamming-an-uighur-muslim

“I am so, so very sorry for insulting the glorious People’s Republic Of China,” said Cena in broken Mandarin. “We want to be able to show our movie in your wonderful free country and make lots of money, which is far more important than the principles of freedom I pretend to love. I would like to apologize by body-slamming this evil Muslim enemy of the state just for you!”

He then climbed to the top rope of the wrestling ring and bellowed “THE CHAMP IS HERE!” before leaping through the air and performing an aerial top-rope splash on the unfortunate political prisoner below before picking him up and body-slamming him.

Chinese President Xi thanked Cena for his heartfelt apology and said he will consider allowing the studio to play the movie in China if they send another video of John Cena singing the Chinese National Anthem and piledriving a Taiwanese person.

10 Likes

Apparently, he has legions of rabid fans all over the world. I don’t really get it, but…

1 Like

He was a YouTube meme but…he certainly is no Rock or Hulk Hogan.

Perhaps the entire “I love the CCP” line is simply him turning heel in a wrestling sense.

He was WWEs no.1 guy for many years. 10? 15?
They pushed him as a role model to kids. A kind of ‘take your vitamins kids’ hulk hogan for the 00s. He always had some kind of ‘never give up’ message.

Now he is shilling for an evil regime, kind of contradicting his whole image… he should absolutely be mocked for it.

He’s not the best wrestler though, but he’s definitely talented i saw him doing well in the FF movie, fuck him now though.

And he learned chinese through wwe, they paid for him to learn it to help open up markets like china. Ironically he used it in taiwan to speak to the crowd when wwe did shows. If they did that in future would anything happen? I still don’t see taiwanese giving a shit…

2 Likes

Wonder if he loves the Uygur death camps, genocide and forced rapes …

Honestly, the pandering to this generation’s version of Hitler is a disgrace. I don’t know how anyone can sleep at night after licking the boots and kowtowing to the same man engaging in a literal genocide.

Funny how many of these celebrities no doubt support Black Lives Matter, but don’t think Uyghur Lives Matter because doing so will cause them to miss out on a paycheck.

9 Likes

Shout out to South Park btw, for their response to been banned in China. That is how every celebrity should respond.

6 Likes

Say what you will about the quality of later seasons, but SP has never sold out when it comes to their beliefs.

1 Like

I agree with Ben Shapiro.

Is a sentence I’d never thought I’d say.

13 Likes

Being against China always makes strange bedfellows.

2 Likes