Join 3-18 Big Parade "Protect Democracy"

3-18 Big Parade “Protect Democracy, Stand Against Forceful Annexation”

In the 20th century, the world saw itself entering into the third wave of democracy, becoming the new collective value of humanity.Taiwan is a model of democracy, and the 23 million people of Taiwan have now the right to determine their own future!

On the contrary, China’s government is not following this democratic tide, generating internal bloodstained repression, grasping a last-ditch effort onto sole power by the Communist party, cruelly oppressing human rights, and shutting down press and religious freedom. Furthermore, with 800 missiles targeted at Taiwan, they are inspiring fear into the Taiwanese people, compressing with their hegemonic power Taiwan’s international space, and instituting the Anti-Secession Law to unilaterally change the status quo in the Taiwan Strait. This form of authoritarian actions cannot represent the people of China, and by saying that “Taiwan is a part of China”, is filling the whole sky with lies.

Democracy is the long-term principle for peace in the Taiwan Strait. We wish to take the initiative in organizing the parade “Protect Democracy and Stand against Forceful Annexation”. The main objective of this parade is to say to China and for the whole world to hear that the people of Taiwan persist in democracy, refuses to be coerced, and is determined to preserve freedom. It doesn’t involve contention between political parties or to incite a dispute between the issues of “unification” or “independence”.

We ask all the people of Taiwan to stand with us, March 18, as the whole world watches!

For more information on the parade on March 18, please check out: taiwanpeace.blogspot.com/

Quarter of a century ago, it looked like so, and Chinese everywhere envied Taiwan as a beacon of hope.

Now? It looks like the punchline of a bad joke. The radical TI agenda has hijacked Taiwan’s democratic experiment.

Quarter of a century ago, it looked like so, and Chinese everywhere envied Taiwan as a beacon of hope.

Now? It looks like the punchline of a bad joke. The radical TI agenda has hijacked Taiwan’s democratic experiment.[/quote]

No, sorry. Taiwan didn’t have democracy a quarter of a century ago.

Taiwan has had democracy since 1996.

I am talking about the relatively peaceful process of democratization in Taiwan which started long ago.

Long ago? :laughing: Only 25 years ago…and it wasn’t all that peaceful.

Ask the widows of Carnegie Mellon associate professor Dr. Chen Wen-cheng and writer Henry Liu (he had written a biography of Chiang Ching-kuo)…

I’ll tell you what a bad joke is zeugmite.

Hu’s 8 points.

THAT’s a bad joke. And a sick twisted joke on millions upon millions of people who suffer under his leadership.

In the wake of Betelnut’s embarrassing nonsense on TV, I would be VERY wary indeed about doing anything at all that could be conceived as political right now as a foreigner here.

Plus, I have a sore ankle.

[quote=“sandman”]In the wake of Betelnut’s embarrassing nonsense on TV, I would be VERY wary indeed about doing anything at all that could be conceived as political right now as a foreigner here.

Plus, I have a sore ankle.[/quote]

Whatever.

We’re not living in China.

Now? It looks like the punchline of a bad joke. The radical TI agenda has hijacked Taiwan’s democratic experiment.[/quote]

I didn’t know AC Dropout reproduced by fission.

Are you going to end all of your posts bashing Taiwan or will you actually have some variation here?

Feb through April is quickly turning into Taiwan’s version of marching season. At least the Orangement don’t bother with silly justifications: they’re just out to assert their identity, have some fun, and stir stuff up.

I didn’t know AC Dropout reproduced by fission.

Are you going to end all of your posts bashing Taiwan or will you actually have some variation here?[/quote]
Please don’t use my name in vain.

What are you talking about?

From the carnival parade:

“Deport the dregs of the Chiang regime! Only then will Taiwan have peace.”

“Dregs of the Chiang regime” refer to the KMT or broadly to all WSR. Very democratically minded of the greens, huh?

Yunie could be translated as the remnants of the Jiang regime. It’s a pretty big leap to say that includes all WSR. The point is that the hangover of the Jiang regime and martial law is still with us.

Anyway, the best part of the photo is the guy on the left with the Taiwan beer tall boy. My kinda guy.

Ah, drinking a tall can of Taiwan’s finest while protesting gets my respect!! Taiwan Jai Yo!!!

DPP war chest must be running low.
If these are the best they could buy, I don’t think they are paying very much.
Beer & bin lang.

[quote=“zeugmite”]
“Deport the dregs of the Chiang regime! Only then will Taiwan have peace.”

“Dregs of the Chiang regime” refer to the KMT or broadly to all WSR. Very democratically minded of the greens, huh?[/quote]

Oh well…15 years ago, the MPs and assorted KMT thugs would have simply beat the shit out of them. Things have really gone downhill. :unamused:

Ah the good old days. I mean, what’s a march without water cannons, barbed wire, and busloads of military conscripts serving as riot police.

And look at the guy’s shirt. That’s pure Taike for anyone who needs fashion pointers.

Yeah, no kidding. And guy on the left vs. guy on the right… what a contrast.

I love the look on the face of the midget on the right as he observes his “partner” – “Dammit man, we’re involved in SERIOUS work here. I even put on my suit and my extra-special hat, but just LOOK at the state of YOU! Tsk Tsk!”

“Aw fuck off! Free beer and a biendang in return for holding a sign is all they told me.”

talk about pictures speaking a thousand words… :laughing:

go team green!.. :smiley: