Julian Assange (Wikileaks) arrested

Don’t kid yourselves. Obama is just another politician, anyone who had “hope” he was going to be something remarkably different was deluded.

I sort of agree with both of you. :s

Please sign this petition and stop the torture of wikileaks whistleblower, Bradley Manning:

secure.avaaz.org/en/bradley_man … 147&v=8793

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15014133

:roflmao: Releasing information without approval – gee, who would do THAT?

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Assange criticises unauthorised Wikileaks memoir - BBC News

:roflmao: Releasing information without approval – gee, who would do THAT?[/quote]

I’m curious what contracts Assange broke when he released the information he was given. While I get the irony I think it is a very weak position to suggest that the two cases are equivalent.

Looks like he tried to weasel out of his contract after taking the advance.

If your 18 year old daughter’s car broke down late at night in a remote location and she had the choice of asking to use the phone in three different houses; one was owned by Gary Glitter, one by Julian Assange and one by Dominique Strauss-Kahn which one would you recommend she went to. Each of the respective owners was at home and alone. Which one?
I’d say Glitter’s because hopefully she would be too old for Glitter’s sexual attentions but Glitter is very powerfully built so would be harder to fight off whereas Assange looks weak in body but may resort to spiking her drink. Kahn also looks like he could play rugby. :ponder:

1 Like

Damn, that’s bad news, but inevitable I guess. I wonder how the Brexit fiasco will affect the legal proceedings, considering how the EU seems to be pro-Assange.

Face justice in the UK? What crimes has he committed there, exactly?

Wonderful news! Who wants to live in an embassy to avoid arrest?

1 Like

It seems complex…still not sure

Easy for you to say. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What I don’t quite understand yet , is that he is blaming the Trump administration .for his arrest . and yet I thought the trouble was his release of the DNC and other material ? I guess all will be revealed… or maybe not in this case ?

Considering Trump’s praise of Wikileaks, this sounds more like a Deep State operation. Who knows at this stage? Assange does seem to have a talent for pissing people off though.

i think they will get him with this,

Failure to surrender to bail
Bail Act 1976, s.6

Maximum: 12 months’ custody
Offence range: Discharge – 26 weeks’ custody

Culpability A

• Failure to surrender represents deliberate attempt to evade or delay justice

Fixed that!

You’re really going to use the term “deep state” unironically? Seems the US requested this, so the Trump administration probably ran out of patience for its once “useful idiot.” The Ecuadorian embassy is all too happy to get rid of an unwanted house guest who looks like he hasn’t seen a shower or razor in years too.

2 Likes

On the bright side, they arranged to have his cat put up at a shelter before arresting him, so that’s nice.

5 Likes

Yes, unironically. There are all kinds of things going on in the government beyond the president’s knowledge or control. You really think all those alphabet agencies are there to do the president’s bidding?

So Assange was arrested

Cant believe they are saying he is going to get five years in jail, that is nothing to Assange!