Junior high student got STD from language exchange

Boomer’s right. The problem with Taiwan is all the criminals teaching english. When I worked at a school that ryhmes with Less, they hired only canadian teachers, so they ended up with nothing but rapists, perverts and serial masturbators. Then when the teachers go on to bugger the students or to look up the bosses skirt when she’s standing on a chair to reach up on the top shelf, or to masturbate in front of a girl after class and who complained to the supervisor who got really angry even though she didn’t really have any proof that anything happened, and it’s not like he touched her or anything and besides she didn’t seem to mind at the time, then the school will always make a big deal out of it and pretend to be real shocked, even though they got what they deserved because Taiwan is a free a democratic society and teh teachers that they get are a reflection of the school that hires them, so they shouldn’t be so surprised when some foreign teacher goes and buggers a kid he met on the Internet, but I disagree that the buggerers should get jobs as carpenters or bus drivers because there’s no way you can have a democratic society with good values if all the carpenters and bus drivers are buggerers, but that’s just my opinion.

Boomer’s just doing a spot of shit-stirring here, but I’ll chime in nonetheless.
The kid was looking for language exchange and had his turds burgled by “a Westerner in a chat room.” Doesn’t mention teachers anywhere.
In fact, as most teachers already have ample access to young bungholes, should that happen to be their penchant, and as most of them also aren’t too keen on providing free English lessons, I’m positive the wily pederast is far more likely to be a Western businessman here getting all hot and bothered by the hairless young buttocks he sees around him on the street every day but has no way of making contact with. That or a student of Chinese. Should Western businessmen and students also be subject to positive vetting before being let loose on the streets of Taipei?
On the other hand, it could be an editor – NAAAAAH!

I’m a little late with my followup on the word sodomy, so please forgive, but you guys are too quick for me!

Sodomy definitely has negative connotation, but I don’t think it implies rape. It’s not used in common speech, it’s only used in a legal context. It’s negative because it’s only used in statutes that outlaw anal sex in some states. So any time the word sodomy comes up, you’re usually referring to a legislative ban on anal sex and prosecution of a private act between two individuals. This negative connotation to sodomy does not, however, equate to meaning that sodomy is always anal rape.

It really doesn

Here’s a good essay on “sodomy”… it was written by Andrew Sullivan (a gay Catholic Tory) just a bit before the recent US Sup. Ct. case re sodomy. Its titled We ARE ALL Sodomites Now:

andrewsullivan.com/main_arti … m=20030327

Precisely. Which is why I’m a little confused as to why you’re constantly harping on about foreign teachers in particular.

Is that right? How many do you “know?” And “known” by whom? Are you seriously trying to tell me that parents would be willing to ignore the fact that a known pedophile is teaching their kids? Or do you have a different definition of “known” than the rest of us?
And are these “known” pedophiles foreign or local?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that parents who are willing to complain bitterly and at great length about their child’s English pronunciation for chrissakes if they think the teacher isn’t up to snuff, would be willing to sweep their child’s sexual molestation by that same teacher “under the carpet?”
Your entire argument sounds pretty weird to me, or else a vehicle for some other kettle of fish altogether. What kind of axe are you grinding here, or are you just trolling?

Tigerman- fantastic article on the history of sodomy…

Isn’t it a little tought to become a sexual predator in the cram school environment? I mean, all these kids are dropped off and picked up by parents, and the rest of the time they’re in a class co-taught by a Taiwanese teacher. So where’s the opportunity? Seems like they’d have to be a sexual predator in their free time…

I looked it up and in my dictionary Sodomy is Latin for circlejerk.

[quote=“tigerman”]Here’s a good essay on “sodomy”… it was written by Andrew Sullivan (a gay Catholic Tory) just a bit before the recent US Sup. Ct. case re sodomy. Its titled We ARE ALL Sodomites Now:

andrewsullivan.com/main_arti … m=20030327[/quote]

Thanks for the link, that’s a really interesting piece!

so there’s still not a bit of colloboration on this story?? renders the whole thread somewhat meaningless what? however if i may just chime in with a bit of semi-personal experience i think these stories may be smothered immediately by all involved which is why it hasn’t gone anywhere…some years ago there was an english teacher who molested a girl in a cupboard at his kindergarten; all concerned decided the case was too sensational to prosecute let alone publicise so the parents were paid off and the teacher put on a plane home…what’s the point? don’t really know but i’m sure if this sort of story got out it would cause a hell of a storm in the bushiban world…

You mean corroboration, right? :wink:

You mean corroboration, right? :wink:[/quote]

Or perhaps he was just trying to fish out the anally expulsive among us.

Doh! :blush:
hehehehehe :laughing:

So you were actually working at this cram school when this happened? or how did you know of this?

He heard it from a friend of a friend who knew somebody who told him this story he overheard from someone who used to know somebody who worked at the buxiban. That’s how urban legends sprout up. Really, the people who make up these stories about rampant hordes of English teachers molesting kiddies left and right obviously don’t realize just how your every action is closely monitored if you’ve ever had the actual experience of working as a foreign English teacher in a buxiban/anxiban. Many parents in Taiwan tend to be very, very demanding, some even downright meddlesome - they can harp so much on small things in the classroom they don’t like about your teaching style or methods, with assistant Chinese teachers observing you like a hawk…and yet somehow you claim that foreign English teachers can get away with molesting their students without their parents raising holy hell.

Anyhow, as the studies and statistics show, the vast majority of cases of molestation occur in the home. So, to be consistent, I suppose you’re going to start slandering all parents as child molestors who get away with it, just as you’ve gone out of your way to slander an entire profession of foreign English teachers?

On the one hand I doubt that there are many chiold molesters amongst the foreign teacher population of Taiwan. Probably the same or less per head as in the west. Actually perverts without the means or urge to travel probably stay home, and those who can travel go to Thailand or Cambodia. I also agree that in 99% of schools, there wouldn’t be any opportunity for molestation.

On the other hand, I know for sure of one case where a foreign teacher fingered a little girl. It was hushed up and he was deported (he went to Thailand). Also if a dedicated pedophile wanted to make some opportunities for himself in Taiwan, English teaching would obviously be the place to go.

It’s great that Taiwan isn’t as radical as many places in the west where you can’t even give kids a hug, but they really do need to get a little more awareness.

Brian

yesh well stand corrected on the corroboration hangs head in shame but as to where i heard the story of course it isnt urban myth…teacher was placed at the kindergarten by an agent i was working for…i was in the agent’s office on the same day the kindergarten called the agent to report this case so it is hardly hearsay and i wouldn’t have bothered bringing it up if it was…it may well be that it is an isolated case and i certainly hope so but at least a discussion such as this gives us the chance to get some idea of if it goes on and to what degree…nobody is suggesting there are hordes of teachers molesting kids but if cases are being hushed up then as responsible foreigners it’s better that we know about it than not…

Anyone who has been teaching in Taiwan more than a few days can see that it has happened and will happen again. Keeping ourselves informed is important particularly if we have children ourselves.
One of the most troubling aspects of this fact is that it is easily avoidable. If we as a group were to take the next logical step and institute measures to prevent these types of things from happening, it would go a long way towards raising the quality of education in Taiwan. It would also destroy that stereotype put upon us by our local host.

[quote]It would also destroy that stereotype put upon us by our local host.
[/quote]

So now you’re saying that the local stereotype of foreigners is “child molesters?” Really? This is just too weird for words.
And you still haven’t answered my question regarding “known” paedophiles. Are you trying to say there are schools here who say: “OK, you are a known paedophile, but that’s fine. You’re hired.” What a load of tosh!
That paedophiles exist everywhere on earth is undisputed. That they exist in Taiwan is also undisputed. That they can get jobs with children is also undisputed (I don’t know if that’s true in the states, but I know its true in UK and I’m sure its no different across the pond).
I don’t know what it is you’re trying to suggest – polygraph tests for every person wishing to teach in Taiwan?

WTF does this mean? Who is “we?” Foreigners? And who’s to say paedophiles would not be included in this group? You’re saying local businessmen should be forced to acquiesce to the demands of some kind of vigilante-foreigner inquisition before they can make hiring decisions? Have you really thought about what you are saying?

A fairly recent study in Australia came up with the staggering conclusion that paedophiles often find jobs that are connected with children.

Perhaps we could use this amazing logic and instantly disallow anyone who intends to teach children from entering the country.

HG