Just got a new puppy

Hey everyone my roomate and I just got a brand new puppy. We picked him up for free at the Peoples Park in Taichung. We think he’s a lab or a retriever but not sure. He’s 2 months old and would like some advice. When should we put a flee collar on him and how about the vet. Are they expensive in Taiwan, if you know any good ones in Taichung City please let me know.

Thanks
stare

Don’t put a flea collar on him until he’s at least 6 months old - actually, he’ll probably never need one. Take him to a vet right away. If he’s really 2 months old, you can start shots soon. Show us a picture and I’ll tell you if he’s a lab or a golden…
Get a book about training dogs if you haven’t yet…

ok here’s a pic

Stare, honestly you might want to consider this book
amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … 32-5808824

it’s called The Perfect Puppy. I believe it will be a GREAT help to you.

Also, you can check our website: animalstaiwan.org/petcare.html

There are some great links there which would be of great use to you and offer you good advice.

Good luck with your new one,

Eric

Cute puppy! :scooby: :slight_smile: He’s not a lab or a golden, although he may very well have some of those genes running through him. I think he’s a one hundred percent purebred “mi ke su”, as the locals like to say. In other words, he’s a mix. Looks like a lovely animal and I’m sure you’ll have years of happiness together. Remember, the more he’s trained, the happier you’ll both be. :wink:

Thanks for the help.

stare