Just Kitchen, DJ Khaled, and more to come

Awhile back, I thought ghost kitchens would be a great business idea to start in Taiwan. I googled around and clicked on a link for Just Kitchen. They were raising start-up capital to do just that. Then I saw their ads everywhere. They had lumped me in a look-a-like audience. I thought it would be great if they could get it together, but the aggressive fund raising worried me. Then, this showed up when I opened UberEats:
https://www.ubereats.com/store/another-wing-by-dj-khaled-美式辣雞翅-x-just-kitchen-中和店

It looks like they’re actually operating, and the real news is that they’re bringing new foreign brands to Taiwan. I expected they would just be doing ghost kitchens for local restaurants, and they are doing that, but whatever Another Wing by DJ Khaled is, they brought it here as well.
I’m at the south of Taipei. Search Just Kitchen in Uber Eats in and tell us what else they’re doing in your area.
Good luck to them and I wish I had invested.

I tried “Another Wing” a few weeks ago. It was pretty solid US-style wings with an overwhelming selection of sauces to choose from. I was confused when the foodpanda driver showed up with “Just Kitchen” on the bag, but I was able to draw my own conclusions.

I have no problem with ghost kitchens. There’s no way the regular restaurant model will be gone forever (people still need a place to sit and hang out with people), but if it’s pouring down rain and you’re getting delivery anyway, why does it matter if the food is coming from a sit down restaurant or a ghost kitchen as long as it’s good?

I see 5 “Just Kitchen” offerings when searching now on UberEats.

Agree that ghost kitchens are fine–so long as they’re accountable for quality and health of food vs. “ghost” as in disappear (sell bad food and then close and reopen tomorrow with new name, over and over, etc.).

1 Like