"Kamikaze" in Chinese and Taiwanese

Yes, you are a worry. Erh, fuck off.

HG

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“Mavericker”][quote=“ironlady”]Mavericker,
In case you haven’t figured it out, I think you’ve worn out your welcome with this kind of question.
In most communities, there is a give and take going on. You are welcome to take from the community, but you have to give to it as well. I don’t see many contributions from your side.
I recommend a language exchange. You can set one up even if you are not in Taiwan, via Skype or other Internet means. An LE is expecting to work for free and to answer all your questions.[/quote]

Hello-do you have any advice for what to do so I don’t get kicked off of certain forums and message boards?[/quote]You haven’t actually been kicked off many forums have you? I see that the DC Comics board let you back on. It’s true that you’re becoming a bit of an Internet phenomenon with all your language questions, though, and some people are definitely getting annoyed by them.

As to what you can do about it, Ironlady has a point about the give and take thing. But I’m not sure if you even need to “give” that much in return for the help you recieve. I think what you need to do is:

a) To persuade people that your project is something vaguely worthwhile that has a chance of actually happening. You’ve been asking lots of the same questions about twenty or so different languages, on lots of different forums. And you’ve been asking them for quite some time – a year? More? Ostensibly the translations you’re looking for are for names for characters in the comic book you’re writing. I think that for a lot of people that just doesn’t seem to compute. Maybe if you could talk a bit more about your project and why you need all this stuff, people might be a bit more sympathetic.

b) To actually listen carefully to the answers that people give you. Sometimes it seems that people try to help you, then you reply telling them they’re incorrect. That may not be your intention, but that’s how it comes across sometimes.

c) To know when you’ve exhausted a particular source of knowledge. That means not posting strings of questions in multiple threads. If you haven’t received an answer to a particular question, it probably means you’re not going to get one, from that source anyway, so you should stop asking the same kind of question there.

Hope that helps.

Joe[/quote]

I got kicked of the DC Boards and off the G4TV.com boards because I’m a Christian. I was discussing the Bible and expressing my views and they acted like I was the bad guy.

They have too many maniacs at those places anyway. It’s a free-for-all over there.

Everyone’s not a Christian, but the Word says, “If you deny Me in front of men, I’ll deny you in front of the Father.”

What has Christianity got to do with comic books?

Plenty-I want to write Christian comics.

Plenty-I want to write Christian comics.[/quote]

Ok, I guess that explains it. I was once shown a Christian comic book. It seemed pretty crap to me, so I hope you can do better. But then, I know next to nothing about comics and even less about Christianity.

The West Islander wrote: [quote]Yes, you are a worry. Erh, fuck off. [/quote]

Short, colourful, edgy and to the point. Have you considered writing comic books? :wink:

Aw come on guys… Let him use it - or better tatto it. People will just think he’s some Japanese ultra-nationalist.

While we’re at it, let’s do get a waffen SS symbol as well.

Short, colourful, edgy and to the point. Have you considered writing comic books? :wink:[/quote]

Can you draw? We could team up. :laughing:

HG

[quote]Can you draw? [/quote] When my hands aren’t shaking. [quote]We could team up. [/quote] Are you serious or are you just after my arse again?

Yes. No one really uses 神風, but everyone knows it.[/quote]

Thank you. How would you say “kamikaze” meaning “warrior” in Taiwanese Hokkien?

飛行員 is Taiwanese Mandarin for kamikaze and is used to mean “wild and reckless person”, I was told.

Does anyone agree?

He’s baaaaack! Do not feed the troll.

To Mavericker: try a dictionary. Get a language exchange. Etc. etc. It has all been said already.

:flog: :flog:

To refresh your memory:

[quote=“ironlady”]Mavericker,
In case you haven’t figured it out, I think you’ve worn out your welcome with this kind of question.
In most communities, there is a give and take going on. You are welcome to take from the community, but you have to give to it as well. I don’t see many contributions from your side.
I recommend a language exchange. You can set one up even if you are not in Taiwan, via Skype or other Internet means. An LE is expecting to work for free and to answer all your questions.[/quote]

Posting links to obvious sites already discussed herein is not going to make you a member of the community.
Asking one question, once, and being content with the answers given MIGHT HAVE. It is now pretty much too late.

This is a forum for learning Chinese. You are not learning Chinese. If you want free translation help, go elsewhere (and not to the other board I moderate, for pete’s sake – that is for professional translators.) Try Babelfish.

Mavericker, here’s some friendly advice. Go to Wikipedia, look up the terms you want, and click on the Chinese version of the same page if it exists (look on the left sidebar).

That was just one question/comment more-I was asking if anyone agreed to it.

That was just one question/comment more-I was asking if anyone agreed to it.[/quote]
Again, Wikipedia knows all. You shall find your answer there and more.

That was just one question/comment more-I was asking if anyone agreed to it.[/quote]
Again, Wikipedia knows all. You shall find your answer there and more.[/quote]
I tried that-it didn’t answer my question.

I’ll ask my friends in another forum.