Kang Chiao

hello everyone! i am a foreign PhD student planning to attend my 10 year old son to attend this school at Hsinchu from fall 2019, someone please tell me the tuition fee and another fee. Thank you

Same situation concerning son, following

Which school are you sending your son in hsinchu?

just planning to send him Kang Chiao, not decided yet, it depends on tuition and other fees, any advises? :slight_smile:

Are they refusing to tell you their fees?

400~500k NTD / year

1 Like

Is Kang Chiao an international school? Where is it located?

Yes, Xindian.

They have 6 campus.
http://www.kcis.ntpc.edu.tw/EnglishWebsite.html

May I know which school are you teaching at? We are currently considering to enroll my daughter into grade 7 but all these infos about Kang Chiao made me kind of worried about the decision.

Looking for options for a Grade 7 in northern Taiwan!

Thanks

Middle and high school is fine.

Here’s the tuition for Kang Chiao. Except for lines that mention specific campuses, the tuition applies to all campuses.

That’s not too bad. Linkou campus approx. 300kNT a year.

I’ll have to put my retirement back a bit, unfortunately.

Wow. I always thought Kang Chiao was where all the rich parents who couldn’t get their kids into TAS sent their kids. But this tuition is nothing compared to TAS. I can also think of at least 5 experimental schools with tuition that’s easily twice KC.

Now, why you’d pay for private schools when the public ones in those neighborhoods are typically better is beyond me. But that’s just me projecting, since my own childhood was spent surrounded by parents spending US$13,000+/year on tuition for private schools that actually were worse (by way of college admissions, test scores, sports opportunities, and extra curriculars) than the public schools (which had kids bused in from the inner city and were required by law to accept children of any learning ability.)

Is that the bilingual programme, not the international programme?

They’re both on this list. SP refers to the bilingual program (“secondary program”). IP refers to the international program.

1 Like

Ooh, that’s a bit pricy for me. I might have to get a third job.

TAS is twice that, yikes :grimacing:

2 Likes