Kanpai - Taipei

Kanpai - Taipei
http://www.kanpai.tv

WOW that restaurant kicks a**!

It will burn a hole in your pocket faster than you can say give me another whiskey, but it is well worth it. We had our after wedding celebrations with a large group of friends there last night…and it was quite a fun place. Great atmosphere if you like ska, rock, and other loud music.

It is loud there, very loud…the staff yells out orders and makes fun of patrons. You get free beef if you kiss someone full on the lips for 10 seconds in front of the entire restaurant. 8:00 signals the entire restaurant to kanpai! After which, if your glass is empty you get a free drink of equal value.

The food is damn good. You sit at big tables with a barbecue pit in the middle and grill your own meat, seafood, or vegetables. They also hand out various musical instruments to patrons to make it even louder.

Went home, VERY drunk, full of great food, and happy. :beer:

4 out of 5 stars (minus one star because of the high price: 13 people and we spent about 7500 NT, but really that isnt all that bad per person)

I hate that fucking place.

If you like it now, you’d have really liked it 4 or 5 years ago when they had the other menu.

I can’t stand the fuck head staff they have working there and the noise levels in the place drive me crazy.

in 2002, or so, we used to eat there once every week or two weeks. Enjoyable. But then it got crazy with the noise, dumb staff and they changed the menu for the worse.

i would never have a wedding dinner there.

It’s a chain restaurant owned by a Japanese dude. They have 3 or 4 locations.

If liked Kanpai, you might also like Gyu Kaku.